"Hot Felon" Jeremy Meeks gets a modeling contract

I don’t know what he did,* but stick him on a reality show and there’d be no shortage of contestants. For my proof, see all the support Chris Brown gets.

*Looked it up. ‘Robberies and shootings’? Gang shit? See: ‘Every single girlfriend of a gang member’

Women like dominance in men and some of them confuse it with badness.

I have to work on Sons of Anarchy episodes at work. I’ve had to look up a few references to past seasons to know what the hell they’re talking about. MAJORITY of posters on this show are women. I think if women didn’t like bad boys, this show wouldn’t have lasted half a season. And this Meeks dude isn’t exactly a nice guy. His record indicates he beat up a kid when he was 16 and was sentenced for that, but that was back in his gang days according to his Mom, and it’s his old gang tats that force the cops to harass him. Uh-huh.

The thing with this guy is that he just happened to have the right posture on the right day with the right police photog who had the lighting and camera angle for the picture just right. It’s a very well lit photo for this guy’s features. I’ve seen some video of him and a couple other pictures, and he really is not as good looking as this photo implies.

Lighting in pictures can be everything.

Looks mean and full of himself, not hot at all.

It also struck me that this seemed like an oddly flattering photo for a mug shot, with the lighting in particular more like what I’d expect for a studio portrait. The way Meeks’s head is tilted also looks like he’s deliberately posing for the camera and not just standing there waiting to get this over with. I think all this contributes to him looking not only handsomer than he might otherwise, but specifically like a model who’s been professionally photographed.