Hotel recommendations in Paris and Nice

I am, og willing, going to Europe this summer, including Paris and Nice. I’m looking for hotel recommendations for both. For Paris, we’re most interested in staying in the Latin Quarter. For Nice, we’d like to be within walking distance of the beach but that’s not essential. We also don’t need to be in Nice proper.

Cleanliness is paramount and we’d prefer to stay away from chain hotels. We’re looking to spend less than $200/night.

Thanks in advance.

Paris

Hotel Moderne Saint-Germain, a 3-star hotel in the Latin Quarter. A room with a double or twin beds is 82 to 149 EUR ($107 to $194), including tax, if you book at their Web site. All rooms have a toilet, telephone, and air conditioning.

A five minute walk to Notre Dame, eight minutes to the Musée d’Orsay, and ten minutes to the Louvre.

I’ll be glad to give you a full account of the http://www.paradishotel.com/ when we get back. Me, the wife, and two kids will be staying there for 5 days the first week of May. If you check out the website, it looks pretty nice, but there were a couple of reviewers I’ve found who said the rooms were small. It is pretty close to the beach, though, and situated directly between the Armani and Luis Vuitton shops (not that that’s good for ME, or our bank account!).