House 10/14

Even better, House says that

if Wilson is coming back just because of House’s “shiny neediness,” he (House) would be okay with that. And Wilson acknowledges this concession with a patented RSL nod-and-sorta-smile.

I also thought that the look on his mom’s face, and the realization that his words were hurting her, made him reconsider how he was expressing his truth.

Good episode, and thanks to everybody who summarized the last two minutes. My DVR cut off, too. I made an adjustment to my season pass for “House” so it doesn’t happen again. I wish Fox.com would run the episode the next day instead of eight days following. But I also wish I had a magical flying pony that poops candy, and that ain’t gonna happen.

Thanks for the summary, Rhubarb, BellRungBookShut-CandleSnuffed and SparrowHawk. Great ending to an entertaining episode.

Yes, I was struck by that shot of both House’s mom and Wilson, Mom looking so hurt and Wilson so dismayed, it was really poignant. And House looks at them and cuts off his rant. I don’t know, maybe the choke-up really was genuine.

Ya know, most people, even those so fucking damaged as to require a DNA sample at their putative father’s funeral, would have pulled out a couple of strands of hair. Or maybe gone back to the parents’ house after the funeral and gotten some hair from Dad’s brush. But House, he has to clip a chunk of flesh from Dad’s ear lobe with his nail clippers! Ewwww. Nice acting dead by R. Lee Ermey!

I wanted to see Sean Connery guy, but I guess we weren’t so lucky. Maybe a future episode, where we will be treated to House arriving at his house drunk in the middle of the night, waving nail clippers and demanding a DNA sample from him.

I KNOW! That man that made a career out of playing a hard-assed drill sergeant, does a great job again… without even moving! :slight_smile: What perfect casting.

Remember that R. Lee Ermey was a real Marine Corp drill sergeant before he was hired to play one in the movies. So it’s not so much of a stretch.

You left out my favorite bit:Wilson said that one of the reasons he’s coming back was that the crazy trip with House was the most fun he’d had since Amber died.

I read an interview where they mentioned they had some famous guy who expressed interest in playing House’s father, but unfortunately they had already chosen one. My guess is it’s him, and they will slide him in now.

Does anyone know what the guy whose wife gave him the Porsche - what his secret was?!? Did he cheat? I can’t figure it out…

Seconding the love for the Wilson/House reunion…

Yes, Taub cheated on his wife with a nurse/nurses at his former plastic surgery practice. His partners told him they wouldn’t rat him out if he left quietly. He confessed to his wife; that was why House called him on the “bags under his eyes”; he and his wife had been up all night talking. Can this marriage be saved?

Loved the show, but missed the new P.I. character.

Well, if the ending was any indication, the P.I. will probably remain on retainer so that he can look into it.

more importantly, do any of us care? I can’t get anywhere near as attached to this new team as I did with the old crew. 13 is a bossy version of cameron, Taub is snide, and Kuntner (sp?) isn’t funny. At all.

You aren’t alone. Most message boards I visit have the same comments; people are especially exasperated with Thirteen’s hijacking of the storyline. Everybody wants her gone, yet it’s been confirmed she’s going to be hooking up with Foreman (!) sometime this season. For most of us, she just can’t die fast enough. There are fewer complaints about Taub and Kutner as characters, but the overall feeling is that there are just too many people on the show.

A poster on another board noted that last night’s ep was the first time in almost an entire season that the original three fellows were in the same scene together (when Chase was trying to order funeral flowers – “How about a giant coffin-shaped cookie?” :p) and that’s just sad.

I don’t have a problem with the show and the characters moving forward, and it’s not reasonable that the three original ducklings shouldn’t get promotions – fellowships don’t last forever. But the show is called House, M.D., and it’s too damn crowded in the house.

I’m not a regular viewer so can someone explain to me how Amber died and why House is responsible?

Why did House need a DNA sample? :confused: I missed his explanation.

alphaboi867 - House said that when he was 12 he realized his dad wasn’t his biological for a number of reasons - the dad was deployed on Okinawa when he should’ve been conceived, he has a birthmark similar to a close family friend, etc. Wilson had counters to each reason. So House wanted to get genetic material to find out if he really was R. Lee Ermy’s son.

Little Nemo - At the end of last season, House was drunk so he called Wilson to come pick him up. Wilson wasn’t home, but CTB came instead. They were taking the bus home when there was an accident. Through a combination of meds in her system and the trauma, CTB died. Wilson blamed House and said he was going to take his baseball and go home (he wanted nothing to do with House and quit Princeton-Plainsboro). It’s taken this long long for them to reconcile.

StG

To prove that his twelve-year-old self was correct in concluding that his dad wasn’t his dad.

What I don’t get is why there was a magnet in the Buddha. :confused:

That was because the ritual surrounding the Buddha went as follows:

1. You make a wish.
  2. You pick up the Buddha.
  3. You repeat the wish.
  4. You try to pick up the Buddha again. If you cannot pick up the Buddha, your wish will come true.

The magnet is turned on before the second attempt, which makes picking the Buddha up impossible, thereby convincing the petitioner his or her wish will come true.