How bad will it be on Inauguration Day?

We can look forward to years of rants about how he didn’t get his security deposit back. - I know we’re all joking, but the WH household staff has largely worked there through multiple administrations and I’m sure they have done a good job of protecting it from any desecrations by the current resident.

Whether or not Trump has vacated the premises.

They have.

More:

The Secret Service office also attracted scrutiny after it took the unprecedented decision to allow Anthony Ornato, who previously headed up the current administration’s detail, to serve as a political adviser in the White House.

The Post reported that Mr Ornato will be leaving the White House along with Mr Trump, and is slated to return to the Secret Service to become the assistant director overseeing the agency’s Rowley Training Center

Mr. Ornato should be assigned to the department that sifts through old nickels looking for slugs.

I’d rather he be assigned to the department that sifts through slugs looking for salt.

They need to go through each and every agent’s social media history and dismiss anyone who belonged to a MAGA group or liked or shared such posts.

I wonder where Eric Prince and Mike Flynn are? Have they been seen?

I wonder where Roger Stone will put his Trump Tattoo?

I do believe that there will be quite a few deaths before we get this under control. I can’t believe these people don’t see themselves for the terrorists they are. Threats of armed protests, for fucks sake.

I think everyone is missing an obvious possibility - what if Trump put out a call to his mob that say, “Come to DC starting on Jan. 17, I will billet you all on the White House grounds. I need you to be in place when they try to come an take me away on Jan. 20.”

In other words, not an attack, but a defense.

Are you accusing Obama of lying?

I would make extra popcorn.

Couple of hellfire missiles in the middle of the yahoo camping ground should take care of that.

Here is a quote from the Votemaster: ElectoralVote

Unfortunately, last week’s violence is probably not the end of it. Those responsible are very angry, very well armed, and very radical. They continue to meet and make plans, and they are planning vast armed protests in each of the 50 state capitols and in Washington, D.C. on Inauguration Day. The feds are not interested in a repeat of what happened last week, and so have activated 10,000 National Guard troops with an additional 5,000 a possibility. Further, it’s the big boys who are running the show now, with the FBI and the Secret Service both taking leading roles in planning security. So, the odds are that Washington will remain under control, if extremely tense. However, it is entirely possible that violence could break out at one or more of the state capitol protests, or at one of the meetings/demonstrations/rallies being held prior to Inauguration Day. The dynamite is there and the fuse at the ready, just waiting for a spark to set it off.

I have generally found the votemaster quite accurate and not alarmist.

I won’t say I’m not concerned with specific events or dates such as inauguration – I am.

However, I’m more worried about what happens once MAGA is officially out of power. These past four years, the militias and far-right extremists have mostly been concerned with using their friend in the White House to amass greater potency; now that they’re losing power, I fear that this is when they’re going to be hyper-motivated to start showing us what kind of power they have, and I think it’s worse than we realize at the moment.

So, in this scenario, you are suggesting that the military attack the White House? I can’t see that happening.

Not suggesting… just imagining.

Not the whitehouse. Just the Maga camping site on the lawn.

Much as I despise the MAGAlian horde, even I can’t muster any schadenfreude at the thought of them being mass-murdered. Sorry.

Modnote: D_Anconia was asked to drop this side issue and he did. Please don’t start it back up.

Hotels are sold out here. There’s a movement asking Airbnb hosts to not rent for that week, but I don’t know what good it will do. I think having waves of fucking psychos flock to my city is just going to be a thing we are going to have to deal with.

My feeling is IF America IS teetering on a civil war, (and it might well be!), this could be the day it kicks off.

It seems to me the fires laid and only a spark is needed.

I hope I’m wrong, of course.