How bad will it be on Inauguration Day?

The White House would be a pretty interesting place with a thousand people living there for 3 days.

If I take the FBI at its word that there may be demonstrations at some /many/ most / all state capitols, in addition to Washington, DC, I foresee several Kent State type incidents.

At his worst, e.g. Executive Orders, Rainbow Six, The Bear And The Dragon, Clancy would never have written something this ridiculous. Early in the Trump presidency I compared it to a middling Philip K. Dick novel, but we’ve actually gone into Robert Anton Wilson territory.

Stranger

Are you sure you understand what happened at Kent State? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You skipped over the Richard Condon stage; that comes before the RAW stage.

I knew there was a whiff of Vicks VapoRub in the air before the election.

Yes, I do.

Could you explain the parallels you see that caused you to make this statement?

Ya know, after some reflection, you have a point; I just had to change my perspective a bit.

5% does not make a civil war.

That’s all they got. Now, it can mean some scary times, but not a civil war. A small insurrection.

Ridiculous, yes. And yet, off the top of my head I can think of at least two newly-elected Congresspeople that Biden and Harris should watch their back around, lest there be any ‘Manchurian Candidate’ style shenanigans planned.

Oh yeah. I don’t trust Boebert at all. She’s both righteous AND ambitious.

Executive Orders is about as close as we would get, with an early scene where a disgraced Vice President changes his mind and steals his resignation letter back so that he can make a false claim to the presidency. However, he does not enjoy the support of any other politicians. There is a weaponized ebola attack (courtesy of Iran) and this results in a nationwide travel restriction. The ex-VP files a lawsuit against this travel restriction because FREEDOM and while he wins the lawsuit, he also names the current President in the lawsuit, negating his own claim to the office. However, a few novels later (Locked On, which I think is Clancy at his absolute worst) this disgraced VP has run for President and somehow won.

If only it could have ended like the (non-Clancy) Absolute Power.

Airbnb weghing in:

I wonder if hotel chains will follow suit?

The Secret Service should probably put surveillance on the Trump hotel, as that may be used as a seditionist headquarters.

He doesn’t want those grubby people in his gold-plated properties. Besides, they’ll probably vandalize property and skip out on their bills.

Stranger

So, fellow patriot, were you with the revolutionary forces in the Crossing of The Potomac to oust the traitorous scoundrel Biden during the Second Revolution of 2021?

No, my AirBnB reservation got cancelled, and I didn’t have enough Hilton points.

A summary of Trump’s life.

Okay, I laughed. Although I would have had them use “comrade” just for the irony of it.

Now the airlines are cracking down on passenger behavior in the DC route and some are banning even checked-luggage firearms if heading there.