How 'bout we condemn the BOTH Arabs and Israelis!

I am sick to death of the never ending cycles of violence.

I don’t care anymore who’s grandfather took what, lost what, was killed by who. I don’t care whether the US, the British Empire, the Arab League, or anybody else made mistakes that inevtably led to this.

Whatever credibility either side had (and both had a LOT in my mind, which made it all the more tragic), they have long since lost.
:frowning:

I have no constructive suggestions to make. I see no solutions. I see this as a modern version of the Crusade, and centuries from now people will shake their heads at our insanity.

[Mom]

If you can’t learn to share the Holy Land, NONE of you will get it!

[/Mom]

Why don’t we just call it the UnHoly Land and be done with it?

Sorry, but I’m not about to criticize America for blasting away in Afghanistan rooting out terrorists and those who harbour them any more than I will criticize Israel for doing the same.

All perfectly fine; I pretty much agree with you.

ouch! you lost it here by comparing this with the crusade. I have never thought of the crusades as inevitable. But thats another thread…

In a rare bit of thoughtlessness, I broke my personal BBQ rule:

Never argue politics or religion (you can never overestimate how much people hold them close to their hearts)

I take back whatever I said.

yojimboguy:

How could you say such a thing! Don’t you know that personal name killed number etnic groups in the Great adjective Massacre of 19number??? The ethnic group are perfectly justified in defending themselves from attacks by the ethnic group. You should be ashamed of yourself; your words provide aid and comfort those pejoratives. You and all your political persuasion compadres in the perjorative Lobby have the blood of thousands of ethnic groups on your hands.

I think a lot of people are beginning to feel the same way, I know I am. I’ve always been able to see both sides of the argument, but both sides have lost so much credibility it doesn’t really matter anymore.

The breaking point for me was when Sharon said he wished he’d killed Arafat when he had the chance. Real peaceful sentiment there.:rolleyes:

This was going on long before the establishment of the Isreal state, and unfortunately it will probably continue until one side manages to wipe out the other. I don’t see any solution either. :frowning:

I was just thinking today. Where’s King Solomon when we really need him?

I am ranting, not debating.

If I wanted to debate this, I would have put in GD.

NUKE THE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

:rolleyes:

I think a lot of people are beginning to feel the same way, I know I am. I’ve always been able to see both sides of the argument, but both sides have lost so much credibility it doesn’t really matter anymore.

The breaking point for me was when Sharon said he wished he’d killed Arafat when he had the chance. Real peaceful sentiment there.:rolleyes:

This was going on long before the establishment of the Isreal state, and unfortunately it will probably continue until one side manages to wipe out the other. I don’t see any solution either. :frowning:

I was just thinking today. Where’s King Solomon when we really need him?

Sorry about the double post. I was on another thread and when I backspaced, I accidently reposted.

Fuck.:mad:

Afterwards, we can turn it into a resort/amusement park!

Hey, it’s the American way. Find out how to make money off of it.:wink:

Can we just condemn everyone and then all go out for pizza or whatever? Sure, it’s the entire Holy Land, but put it all on my tab. :slight_smile:

Israel is a prime example of what happens when you link religion and politics too closely together. Yea, the big G really wants you to butcher each other over a stone that JC once squatted on.
Come on…:rolleyes:

My husband and I were talking about this earlier today. Everyone over there needs to be sent to bed early, grounded for a week, and then just learn to get along.

Yeah I know it’s complicated and all, but blowing each other up is not the solution.

How about this: We ship one group off to the Moon and the other to Mars. That way they’re billions of miles apart from one another and will be too busy trying to stay alive to fuck with one another. Then we ship all the Scientologists over to Israel and Palestine and make 'em live there! That way we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to take the places back! :smiley:

Really both sides are really turning into a group of fuck nuggets. Buncha damn spoiled brats if you ask me. (“No! It’s my holy site! Give it back! WAAAAAAHHHH!”) It’s the fucking 21st Century and those guys are still fighting over shit that happened millenia ago. Gives ya hope for the whole species, doesn’t it?

Make a concerted effort to prove all religion as absolutely bogus. There would be absolutely no grounds for their arguements.

First of all, only the SDMB could make me feel better about widespread random killing. Thank you!

ramesh, I didn’t mean to link the crusades to the inevitability suggestion.

black455, I think you could turn your post into an amusing “fill in the blank” puzzle in another thread.

happyheathen, I don’t want suck their contaminated dust down my pie hole for the next 30 years. :stuck_out_tongue: Appreciate you’re general thrust, however. And it’s appropriately apocalyptic as a climax, very theatrical.

My concept : Offer a free, no-strings-attached flight out of Isreal for all people who want peace. All of the people who say “I don’t care who’s right and who’s wrong, I just want to live in peace”.

Then, all that we have left are people who are interesting in continuing warfare. Let 'em. BAM - no more “innocent” people killed.

Unless they have kids. Damn. There’s always a wrench, isn’t there?
Colin