How do you eat your kiwi?

Well, I was not all that popular on my last trip downunder. But then I didn’t make it to New Zealand that time. :wink:

Lok

Yes, but have you ever been to Australia?

<Aside>
Yes… sad. :slight_smile: I was quite surprised when I saw that book.
FWIW, I’ve not read any of that series, rather I’m an agnostic with an interest in angelology (from a more historical perspective than a fluffy pink cherub, or religious one) and found poor Apollyon/ Apollion/ Abbadon rather fascinating as a character who in Revelations (as the angel with the key to the abyss – as in the Durer woodcut) is an upright angel of the Lord, but who in latter writings is generally portrayed as amongst the fallen. His apparently arbitary reclassification interested me.
</Aside>

Mangetout, drool The pavlova sounds excellent – using the yolks for custard is inspired… I can never figure out what to do with the things. Thanks.

I’m also one of the people who it them whole. If I have a knife then I’ll cut off the ends to avoid the hard parts. But if I don’t no problem, will just munch right through em. Yeehaw :slight_smile:

It went down a treat again; in the end, I made a last-minute trip out to get strwaberries, as the melon turned out to be a little insipid (despite appearing to be fully ripe and fragrant from the outside).

To make the custard, you just add about double the volume of milk to egg yolks, a heaped tablespoon of white sugar and a bit of vanilla, then whisk constantly over heat until it thickens - you’re supposed to do this in a bain Marie, but if you’re attentive, you can just do it in a pan over a very gentle flame (have a chilled bowl ready to put the custard into, to stop it cooking)

Has anyone tried the yellow-fleshed kind? Yum, I really like them. A little sweeter and less acidic.

But I don’t eat the skin. I also don’t eat peach skins.

The yellow ones have jaundice…put them back.

They’re marketing them here as “golden kiwifruit”. They really are nice, honest.

I know, I’m sorry i was being silly.

Lots of kiwifruit R&D is being done here to make them different colours, hairless etc. The golden kiwifruit is a Kiwi invention. Just trying to reclaim the fruit we stole from the Chinese :slight_smile:

Kiwifruit skin?? Blech. (FYI from a Merican: Nobody calls 'em kiwifruit over here, they’re just kiwis. I think more of y’all need to visit and reclaim the name.)

The best way to eat e’m is sliced and quartered (skin off of course) and over a dish of vanilla ice cream.

But then the way to eat pretty much any fruit is over a dish of vanilla ice cream. Not that I have any at the moment.

Where are my car keys?

Cut the skin and ends off with a knife then slice into chunks. Juicy, dribbly goodness!

I don’t eat them. My friend brought home kiwi from work one day. They were siamese kiwi that looked like monkey balls. No more kiwi for Kalhoun!!

Yeah, been there too. :cool:

Lok

You’ve just won a SanguineSpider award for the funniest post in this here thread!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah…we couldn’t eat them. We just sat them on the table and laughed at them. Drinkin’ and laughin’ at the monkey balls.