How do you put on a pullover shirt?

where’s the option for

“have the kids hold it parallel to the floor with the arms outstretched and take a superman dive thru” ?

I chose sleeves first, but in reality, I stick my right arm through the sleeve, pull the neck hole over my head, then snake my left arm through the left sleeve. Then straighten out the bottom.

Boojah.

It took years to pretty much decide on a single method. I have concluded for myself that the least effort way to not mess up hair or makeup is the arms-first method. I used the head (face) first method for a while, but discovered that if I do arms-first it’s really a little easier to hold the neck open more rigidly, therefore making it marginally easier to get my face and hair through without messing either up. For some reason, if I did head-first, the neck would almost always rub my chin while I was fishing for the arms, and I would be more likely to get makeup on the neck of the shirt.

Me too, except in the other order: right arm, head, then left arm. I arrived at this method while trying to figure out the best way to avoid getting antiperspirant on the outside of the shirt.

I chose option A, but only if it’s the right way out.

If it’s inside-out - which is often the case - it’s front toward me, collar over the back of the head, this “flips it over” to the right way out. Then the arms go through. Sometimes, if I’ve tried to do a double (shirt inside jumper) this way, it can lead to a bit of struggle if the arm holes don’t want to play nice.

I am shocked - shocked, I tell you - that the votes are so close.

FTR, I put my head through first, then the arms.

It seems to me, though, that 95%+ in movies or on television do it arms first.

Thus, my reason for polling.

mmm

Honestly – I don’t know.

I’m trying to picture how I put a shirt on and I can’t. I just… put it on. It’s such an automatic thing that I’m not able to break down the process in my head without actually doing it.

I’m wearing a button-down today, so I can’t do any tests until I get home. Besides, there may be a Heisenberg principle involved. If I make a point of paying attention to how I put my shirt on, it may actually alter how I put my shirt on. So I dunno. I’ll get back to you.

I had to take my shirt off and put it back on to check.
Arms first, then head.

I chose option 1) I put my arms into the sleeves first, then pull the shirt over my head.

But, now that I think about it, I’m not sure. I mean, I’ve been doing something like this most days for 40 something years, and I don’t really know the answer. It might even depend on the type of shirt: long sleeved, short sleeved, hoodie, poncho.

I’m soooo confused. :confused: