How do you wear your watch?

Way up high on my left wrist. Almost 1/2 of the way from the wrist to the elbow. Much higher than anyone else does.

Why?

I haven’t worn a watch for a decade. But when I did, I always wore it on my right wrist. I’m left handed.

I’m right handed and my watch goes on the left.

Because it’s like having a small weight on your dominant hand while you are trying to do fine detailed tasks like writing. Plus your more likely to bang or scrape it.
I generally wear a giant gold Rolex with no hands or numbers. It tells people I’m so important I don’t need to know what time it is.

When I wore one, it was on my left hand (I’m right handed if that matters). But it’s been replaced by a cell phone since.

Right-handed, wear a watch on the left wrist, facing in. When I was in elementary school, I’d keep having to get the crystal replaced because of banging the watch going through a door or somesuch, so I started wearing watches facing in when I got to high school. For some reason, wearing a watch like that was considered pretentious at that time and place, so I did get some ribbing.

When I wore a wristwatch, I wore it on my left wrist, facing out so that people could see the pretty face. (I teach, and the watch I wore had the numbers as square roots - 12 was radical 144 and so on.) I’m right-handed.

Unfortunately, I had a nasty reaction to the metal, so the stem gave me a sore on my wrist. Now I wear a pocket watch. Even if my jeans had watch pockets on both sides, I’d wear it on my right side because I can grab it more easily. Also, people look at me funny when I open the watch, so that’s a plus.

I’m left handed and normally wear the watch on the left. When I was a kid I had a watch with a stretchy metal band. When I would throw a ball I’d sometimes throw the watch off as well, so I’d switch it to the right.

Wear left, right dominant.

Ditto. I used to do a lot of data entry and it was easier to tilt my right wrist a few degrees than to pick up my left hand and turn my wrist around a few more degrees. I just keep wearing it that way out of laziness and inertia. Of course, most people assume I’m left handed, so I learned to knit left-handed and I’m offered one of the left-handed corner seats if I eat with a group.

I’m right-handed but when I wear a watch, which is rare, I wear it on my right hand.

Left-handed, but I used to wear it on my left-hand anyway, because winding/setting a watch the other way round sucks.

But I no longer wear a watch, since I always have my phone on me.

Other. I use my phone instead of a watch except for when I go running, in which case the watch is on the left wrist. (Right-handed, by the way.)

Just feels right, I guess. I hate the feel of a watch band crushing down on the back of my hand. (A friend suffered nerve damage that way. He was bicycling, and his watch settled down on his hand.)

My current watch has a leather strap with a buckle. I’m right-handed, so I wear my watch on my left wrist so I can fasten and undo the buckle with my dominant hand. I’ve also had watches with metal bands that have needed to be fastened and unfastened. So, it’s been easier for me to wear them on my left wrist where my dominant hand can get at them. If I wore my watch on my right wrist, the fasteners are at an odd angle for my left hand to work them easily.

My dad’s stated rationate for doing it that way was, if someone walked up to him during a cocktail party and asked him the time, they would get drenched with his Scotch, and not himself, when he checked the time. Then again my dad had a sly sense of humor…