Which suited him just fine!
Donald’s lies are not evenly distributed. To me that argues against the defense that ‘it’s just his personality [disorder].’ He seem clearly to be lying with a purpose.
Last month, when DJT was in Turkey, there evidently was a credible threat on his life. So after he boarded the ‘alternate’ Air Force One (the Qatari model on which he flew into Turkey was unavailable for some reason), he was then whisked away on a catering truck to a smaller Air Force plane and secretly flown to England.
Of course, the journalists travelling with him were left on AF1.
"We are gonna die, but at least that fat fuck is stuck in a truck with airline food. Ya gotta look at the bright side of life
"
When I read this, my imagination immediately went wild, picturing all the ways that this might have gone wrong. Well, wrong for Donnie, but so, so right for the USA.
What if they locked him in a food cart and then accidentally loaded it on to a flight going to, I dunno, Siberia or something. Or what if the cart was being retired (hehe) and was on its way to an isolated warehouse in the middle of China where it was destined to be scrapped–in a couple of years. Or what if it wound up in the hold of a ship that was anchored off the coast of a location so secret it’s not on any map? Happy, dreamy thoughts…
![]()
Heh, my thought is that Donnie would have to ride in it all the way to the next destination.
Then the SS would say “Donald who? Oh, him. He was looking for some snacks and I’m afraid we lost him”.
No. No trump, stranger things than declaring a National election emergency in order to tamper with the election process have not happened, at least not in American politics.
I agree with the implication that the ‘decoy’ part of this story is the more damning aspect. But the ‘Trump hiding in a food cart’ part is taking off all over the world, according to reports I’ve heard on TV news.
We shall see if this hurts him. An appearance of Cowardice is bad for any leader, but for one whose fragile ego is so caught up in a self-image as a Winner, dominating all… it has the potential to be really damaging for him.
(I made a thread with some cites:
Things that don't bother voters vs. things that REALLY bother voters
FWIW, I don’t think Trump was transported in a food cart. I believe he just walked into the elevated box of a catering truck, such as this one:
Walk on, lower the box, and no one is the wiser.
First thing I thought too @Johnny_L.A
Easy way to move his… to move him around. I wonder what will be next? An executive limo that can just lift his… up to the plane?
I think those paying attention to the story know it was a truck and not a cart, but memes of him hiding in a cart are funny and will drive him crazy. A win in poking holes in his super inflated edo. ![]()
Agree, we should make one of him being wheeled to AF1 by Flight attendants.
I’m pretty sure he could never fit in a catering cart of the sort used on commercial airliners.
Put him in two.
It’s a bit like the Baltimore Plot:
The threat was probably exaggerated, but the perception of physical cowardice on the part of the president-elect probably hurt him politically during the secession crisis. Not that it was much remembered once Fort Sumter was fired upon…
If they have to saw him in half to manage that, I’m good with that idea.
Yes, this. (And we know you meant “ego.” An inflated edo would probably be some sort of historical assessment of Japanese cities..)
I just saw an update on Trump’s plane jump.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller, and Communications Director Stephen Cheung were left on the decoy plane.
Natalie Harp was transferred to Trump’s plane.
They couldn’t have dropped off Stephen Miller at Tehran?
I wonder if they’re having an affair. I wouldn’t put it past him.