How has the disgraced, CONVICTED FELON, former but once again President Trump pissed you off today? (Part 2)

Well, he’s not wrong, except the vandals were from inside the (white) house.

The Washington Post article (gift link) has a photo showing the damage to the National Mall. Weirdly, some of the damage is a perfect rectangle. It might even be the same size and placement as the stage that was set up there.

Obviously, the Vandals held a square dance there.

I’m too lazy to look it up, but I feel like he probably promised to repair any damage and now…won’t.

Psst… Uma, that’s a rectangle not a square. :grin:

The only thing getting in the way of ending the Iran war is The Big Obstruction himself. Maybe he should bomb himself.
:thinking:

It’s worse to be a rectangle. A rhombus is way cool though. That’s sort of how I get through life.

You can imagine my shock.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Trump.

Politico: Trump votes by mail again in his home state of Florida

https://www.politico.com/news/2026/08/17/trump-vote-by-mail-primaries-florida-01039292

Huh. So is the curd what thrives on the underside of toilet receptacle rims in the restrooms of many major urban bus terminals.

Curds and a way? Mayhaps?

With what? Last I heard, the US was running out of bombs. Also, if you bomb Oman, who are you going to steal the Hormuz toll money from? I thought the whole point of letting Oman negotiate was so they could cut a deal with Iran and then Trump could bully them. He’s too early!

She was really high in that scene, as was Vincent.

Fuck yeah, diamonds are forever!!!

This bullshit on top of a mountain of other federal grants bullshit

Most of the federal agencies mentioned in the article are agencies from which I have sought funding for our organization (including several pending.) Outside peer review is important to evaluating whether a grant project is feasible and in line with best practices. It’s where people with direct service experience can say, “this, here, is not in line with professional standards.”

But now the Trump administration will be deciding who gets domestic violence/sexual assault grants without any outside expert review, based on “the goals of the administration.”

I shudder.

This is almost as wonderful as “consideration will not be given to agencies who frame domestic violence and sexual assault as systemic issues.”

Or the grant I’m working on now for domestic violence services for families, where 10% of the score is dependent on how well we fit the administration’s priority of “promoting marriage.”

It’s a complete fucking cluster. Also VOCA funding has been cut by 20% statewide and will probably continue to decline.

Not a good time to be in this field.

On a personal note, I’ve been trying to be a peer reviewer for a while. I had a chance at the end of July but it coincided with my son’s surgery so I had to decline. Looks like I am never getting that chance.

Seriously.

Could a grant be written to say “goal is to prove that God gave men the right and duty to discipline women and children”-----but then the grant money would actually support shelters for the abused (and such)?

Would that be actionable in court?

I’m not really being facetious. Only “MIGHT MAKES RIGHT” proposals, obviously, will be supported with cash by this Regime. So could the cash be acquired via grants that don’t do the fascist stuff they say they will do?

That would be fraud.

The best we can do is speak to what we actually do in ways they might like. For the marriage one, for example, I intend to write about how our Prevention Ed and therapy programs both teach skills for healthy relationships. Which is kinda like promoting marriage if you squint really hard.

Yeah, that might work. And you will know the words and phrases to avoid using (the ones the right tend to demonize).

“Healthy marriages are safe marriages. This program will work to reduce violence in relationships through proven techniques to reduce tension in homes and address the underlying source of the violence.”

All of you assholes that screamed “Victory!!!” when the courts said he had to have his name removed from The Kennedy Center can go straight to hell: Kennedy Center board tells judge it won’t remove tarp showing Trump’s name removed | CNN Politics
ALL of you.