Just curious: how would you have liked that group (namely, “All of you assholes that screamed ‘Victory!!!’ when the courts said he had to have his name removed from The Kennedy Center”) to react? IOW what reaction would have spared them your anger?
<scratches head>
Why are those who oppose Trump’s efforts at slapping his name or likeness on everything in sight assholes? Does that mean that those who support him doing so are not assholes? Apparently you approve of these efforts of his.
Way to deliberately misunderstand. I never said that those who oppose him are assholes-It is those who declare victory every fucking time the court rules against him, as if a war was actually won, that are idiots and assholes.
How about, “Given his previous record, there is no way he won’t try to win anyway. At best we have a temporary reprieve but we should be thinking about what comes next.”
Who the fuck thinks that? Who is declaring victory and going home? I think everyone understands that fighting his bullshit is an ongoing battle. I get the impression that you’ve set up a strawman.
Okay, if anyone actually thought this, it would be cause for anger and telling them off. But I don’t think anyone here believes that the outcome of any of these penny-ante court battles means the game is won. Dopers are way too smart for that.
This is really a high stakes game of whack-a-mole. And, to switch metaphors, he has gone through every part of our lives that government touches with a flamethrower and left behind big fires, little fires, piles of smoking rubble, and the smoldering embers of things that used to be functional and even beautiful. No, my friend, one court decision is like using a kitchen fire extinguisher on this conflagration, barely even a reprieve. It’s a long way from over.
Please name those who have done so.
Here’s what the Dumpster had to say about the 10-year-old boy who was recently rescued by a 16-year-old lifeguard. (If those were my kids, I wouldn’t have allowed them near the Oval Office, but that’s a story for another day.)
“No one ever listens to Zathras Sampti. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras Sampti does not mind. He’s even grown to like it. Oh yes.”
Stupid software!
Well, I guess we can’t say Trump always lies anymore.
“I don’t know if I’d do it,” the president said. “I wouldn’t, probably. You’re lucky I wasn’t on the service that day.”
Of course he wouldn’t do it. There might be sharks and/or batteries in the water.
Hiring Trump for a job? To actually do things? What sort of bizarro world would that be?
Buddy and Buster Straw, the Straw Men!
The silence from @Czarcasm suggests that you’re correct.
I think that it’s natural to be frustrated at Trump’s continued flaunting of courts and the law, and the severe lack of consequences for doing so. And a right-minded person might be pissed off and needing to lash out. This looks like the right outlet for it (ranting in the Pit).
So, I actually support Czarcasm in this, even if it isn’t really directed at any actual person. Sometimes a “fuck you” to the universe is therapeutic.
The exception that proves the rule.
I do this with love, and only because it’s the Dope, but I think you meant “flouting”.
Thanks, that was a typo.
He only flaunts the courts when it’s a sham prosecution to intimidate someone.
Smapti.