The photo is from January 2018, when Barron was about eleven years old. Note that their hands are about the same size.
“No umbrella for you!”
Okay, I think I finally get it. The photo with The Independent link is clearer than the one just sitting there with no attribution.
I wish Vlad would send Donnie a few umbrellas… special ones.
Last night at the ‘convention’ in Texas, Trump promised that all adult Americans would get a check for $5k if the Pubbies keep both the House and Senate.
I’m sure we’ll see that right after the DOGE check and the tariff rebate.
Meanwhile, they control the House and the Senate right now. Where’s my fucking check?
This. If it was even remotely feasible they’d have done it already and they’d be poised to win the midterms in a landslide.
What’s another 1-2 trillion added to the debt? It’s what you call being a financial conservative, the foundation of the right.
Well, it won’t add anything to the debt, because it will never happen. Talk is cheap. And Trump talk is the cheapest talk there is.
If they pay you now, how do they know you’ll vote Republican? Trump certainly can’t be trusted to follow through, so why would he trust you?
‘I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday, for your votes today.’
(What was that Popeye comic where Wimpy says, ‘I wish we had some sauce for Uncle [Someone].’?
didn’t he previously promise everyone a $2000 check?
Well, you know, that nonexistent inflation gets to everybody
you mean you don’t remember him saying months ago, he “loves inflation”?
Hey, I love Santa and he doesn’t exist, either
WTF? Does this qualify as extortion? Coercion? Bribery? How is this legal?
If it is legal it ought not to be. I hate everything about this timeline. Yes I know it’s not going to happen, but this is still pure insanity.
I’ve read other similar reactions to this claim, not just here but other places; the attitude “yeah right, just like the DOGE check and tariff rebate”. Just crazy President grandpa saying another crazy thing.
But I haven’t seen any mention that, this basically amounts to a massive bribe to the American people to get them to vote Repub. I guess the lack of outrage is just the fact that one, it’s another small drop in an ocean of illegal and crazy words and deeds. And two, on the believability scale, it’s about up there with sasquatches and unicorns.
I can’t help but say it though— if any other President had said this, it would have been THE Scandal of the Century. For trump? Just another Tuesday.
ETA: kinda ninja’d by @Jihi while composing my post.
In my case, my GOP rep will probably be re-elected fairly easily. As will my GOP Senator.
So I don’t even have to vote Republican, and I’ll still get my money. Win, win!
Winner, winner, sparrow on a curtain rod dinner!
But wait, there’s more!
A million people who have purchased unsubsidized health insurance through the ACA will receive $500 rebate checks from the government. And you don’t even have to vote!
Roughly 1 million people who buy their own health coverage could receive $500 direct deposits from the federal government this fall, under a plan the Trump administration has not publicly announced but that officials described to Axios.
The outlet reported Wednesday that the checks would reach enrollees in 30 states ahead of the Nov. 3 elections. President Donald Trump was expected to preview the plan in his speech at the Republican midterm convention in Dallas.
And then when they don’t do that, they will say 'f it and just pull the rug out.