I’m making the kind and generous offer to anybody that if they give me $3,000 now, I’ll give them $5,000 as soon as I get my Bribe Check.
PM me for my Venmo, everyone! This offer won’t last forever!
I’m making the kind and generous offer to anybody that if they give me $3,000 now, I’ll give them $5,000 as soon as I get my Bribe Check.
PM me for my Venmo, everyone! This offer won’t last forever!
It seems plenty illegal to me.
I’m sure that the DOJ is going to get right on that.
![]()
Some have argued that it’s the equivalent of promising to lower taxes, because it will be applied equally to all adults regardless of how they voted, but others have said that this is a clear transactional offer and it’s very different than the usual financial promises that candidates make while campaigning.
ETA: Biden did something similar in 2021 with promises of stimulus checks for Covid relief. But the difference was that the Democrats did not have control of the Senate at the time, and he was truthfully stating that without control of the Senate there was no means for Democrats to deliver them. As pointed out in this thread, Republicans already have control of both houses, so this is clearly an attempt to bribe voters; they could do it right now if they wanted to.
I’ve seen promises of $2,000 (from DOGE), $2,000 (from tariffs) and $1000+ (from shrinking the Affordable Care Act)----none of which ever materialized, of course.
But Trump’s illegal bribery scheme likely WILL work with a certain percentage of voters. The number who voted for him in 2024 because they liked the 2020-21 “stimies”—and believed the checks would start up again—is not small.
After all, you can fool some of the people all of the time.
But people have seen the price of everything balloon exponentially in recent years, and have seen zero checks sent out. A promise that he’ll send them “this time” is going to be a hard sell. Yes, some people will be convinced, but there is always some percentage of Americans that will believe any particular piece of bullshit no matter how ludicrous it is.
I’m pretty confident that the number of people who will be swayed by this promise is not only small, but insignificantly small. The vast majority of people who are going to believe this were going to probably vote Republican anyway.
I hope you’re right about this. (Perhaps there will be some well-worded polls that will shed light on the topic).
And yes, some of the Believers, naturally, will be those who’d vote GOP anyway. My worry is about those who were on the fence about bestirring themselves to vote. Since the only way to prove you didn’t vote for Democrats is not to vote at all, there may be some who’ll be seduced into staying home on the theory that it could lead to a big fat check.
In the meantime I hope we and any media willing to defy Dear Leader will play, nonstop, clips of DL promising the DOGE checks (which never came) and the Tariff checks (which ditto). That might have at least a chance of penetrating some of America’s thicker skulls.
We may never know, because admittedly it’s a weird thing to poll for.
Laura Ingraham asks Trump a tough question about the $5k checks. (I can’t believe I just typed that)
Ingraham asked, “Why not just give the money now? If you have the money, why not give it now?”
Trump, as usual, had a perfectly logical answer:
“Because the Democrats can’t do it. Because for them, it’s negative growth. With us, it’s so positive,” Trump said. “So, we’re taking in $21 trillion. No country has ever taken in anywhere near that. It’s four or five times higher than the next one. All because of the beautiful word you and I love more than most others, tariffs.”
Link to Yahoo
If only nonsensical word-salads could generate power, the USA would be able to cease all that messy expensive digging of coal and processing of petroleum.
“Taking in $21 trillion” and from tariffs, apparently. He still doesn’t grasp that any tariff revenue is paid by companies and individuals in the United States, not by the countries and companies overseas sending stuff here. It’s more than a little scary that he’s that ignorant. (And if this $21 trillion were true, how is it that the debt is at $40 trillion?)
“Because, Laura, that idea is bananas, and a banana is a fruit, and Fruit of the Loom is underwear, and people will ask under where will you get the money, and that’s not good for this country.”
That makes more sense than what he actually said.
Except reportedly tariffs account for less than half a trillion in revenue, and over 100 billion has already been refunded of that amount. So even that makes no sense.
Trump thinks that if an entity pledges “to invest” in the USA, that’s money we’ve received.

Since President Donald J. Trump took office, his unwavering commitment to revitalizing American industry has spurred trillions of dollars of investments
It’s kind of like these $5,000 rebate checks - merely by talking about them, Trump believes he’s delivered. If, at the end of the day, nothing actually materializes, hey, that’s somebody else’s fault.
“Rule breaking” - that’s your guy! I mean, who wants a president who follows rules, right? That’s so old fashioned.
Rachel Campos-Duffy on Trump's $5k offer to voters if they vote Republican: "This just shows how creative and rule-breaking and out of the box President Trump is. I'm surprised nobody has thought of this before."
WTF? Does this qualify as extortion? Coercion? Bribery? How is this legal?
It isn’t legal. It’s a federal crime.
I’m assuming each bribe is a separate crime. Which means Donald Trump committed around 270,000,000 felonies yesterday. That’s impressive, even for him.
Trump told another “joke” in a public speech today.
“The thing I really want is I want, for myself, a Congressional Medal of Honor. I’ve studied it and I will give it to myself. I have no problem, but I’m not allowed to. Can you believe it?”
Trump then went on to “explain”.
“I’m only kidding. Actually, I’m not kidding. I would like to have it.”
Another comment by the national joke:
I pledge to the greatest president in the history of the United States, that loves us so much he can’t even breathe, that I will go out with my family, my friends, I’ll do it any way. I don’t care if I’m registered or not, I’m going to try to cheat like hell like they do.
So we have a speech where Trump promised to commit crimes and encouraged his followers to do likewise. And concluded by calling Democrats criminals.
Regrettably, the part where he said he couldn’t breath was also a lie.
That part might be true (he doesn’t believe cardio has benefits) but it sure as hell ain’t due to any love of this country or its citizens.
A farmer can honestly say he loves pork so much, that doesn’t mean the pigs should be happy with the situation.
Regrettably, the part where he said he couldn’t breath was also a lie.
I wished he loved us even more to the extent that his heart completely stopped altogether.
Maybe his “I can’t even breathe” is a reference to that weird and gross deep nasal inhalation he does often in speeches.
I pledge to the greatest president in the history of the United States
So why is he leading pledges to Obama?
LOL. Fair question.
When you can’t win because of what you’ve actually done in office, what the hell, offer voters a $5000 bribe!
Even if the GOP wins, the Trump White House won’t lift a finger to see that these checks are ever issued, knowing that most of their voters are suckers anyway.