How has the disgraced, CONVICTED FELON, former but once again President Trump pissed you off today? (Part 2)

English doesn’t really have rules, consistent or otherwise, so much as typical practices agglutinated from several different languages and peoples upon which some stuffy intellectuals have, at various times, attempted to wrangle with delusional formal rules of grammar, a few of which have stuck, like bad internet memes, in the minds of some people.

Front page article today about Trump cutting back funding for endangered species. He’s such a miserable fuck.

At a Trump golf hotel, they entertained children by dumping a bunch of fish into a chlorinated wading pool for the kids to catch.

Chlorine is not safe for fish. It causes them to suffer terrible burns and suffocate.

Has anyone ever known (with a k) anyone this dumb (with a b) in their entire lives?

That’s a serious question. I’ve known some idjits, but come on.

Oh, I have one. A guy I knew (friend of a friend of a friend) said that he had a hand grenade go off in his hand in ‘nam’. But they sewed it back on. He would have been about 7 at the time.

I’ve known a few growing up, but none that ever amounted to anything. Of course, none had a multimillionaire father, either.

We’ll be rid of Trump sooner rather than later if only because he’s an octogenarian, but it’ll be a long time before we get rid of the prevailing attitude that extreme wealth implies capability or worthiness

Well said.

My wife and I finally ‘made it’ after working long and hard all our lives. We retired. We have enough (I hope).

But it pisses me off beyond belief that the idiot in the White House that has never worked a day in his life may destroy our savings.

And congress does nothing.

How’s this for a rule? Use apostrophes correctly, or I’ll KILL you!

You mean ki’ll people.

Also pe’ople

I know a guy that is pretty Goddamn Stupid. Fallen for every scam in the book. Nigerian Prince, Rainbow Vacuum, Amway, the “I’ll send you a check for your car, and you send me the difference”, the Bit-Coin mining*… you name it, he’s swallowed the hook. And he’s a smug fucker who thinks he’s a genius.

He’s still not as bad as That Asshole.

*He would brag (and spend) about how many thousands of dollars he was earning by running some mystery program on his computer. I’ll never forget the look on his face when I asked him if he was ever able to transfer into his bank! :face_with_bags_under_eyes: Kinda like that!

Space Force is old news. Dotard now wants an AI Force. Complete with a czar and, no doubt, spiffy uniforms.

Surely the new AI czar would be a bot?

Did someone let him watch Tron? I wouldn’t be surprised if he imagined the AI Force consisted of AI people.

I want to pronounce that ‘AL KAZAR’.

I thought he was from Caddyshack.

Oh, yeah, at least, ten years before then.

Apparently, at least 25 years before.

From this EBSCO article, Cyber Crime and Legal Countermeasures: A Historical Analysis -

Computer crimes emerged in the United States with the computerization of banking services. The first recorded instance of computer crime occurred in 1958. It involved “salami slicing,” in which a bank employee in Minneapolis, Minnesota, used a computer to divert and deposit rounding errors of financial transactions into a special account.

And from the International Journal of Criminal Justice Sciences (pdf with citation to a very long and obscure 1973 SRI report on Computer Abuse that can be found for free on the Internet Archive):

Earlier studies implied that electronic computer” crime most probably emerged in the
fields of military, engineering, science, finance and commerce at the beginning of the
1950s. Nevertheless, the earliest documented computer abuse, which involved the
alteration of bank records, occurred in 1958 (Parker 1989, p. 5). The case became the first
federally prosecuted computer crime in the U. S. in 1966, with a time-lag of eight years.
It was revealed that a bank employee had utilized the institution’s computer to embezzle
cents from interest on long-term accounts (ibid.). The financially motivated employee
created a criminal precedent.

I knew “salami slicing” was an old practice, but I didn’t think it was technically the very first example of cyber crime!

So it’s the “oldest profession” of the IT world. :grin:

DJT spoke before the UN today.

President Donald Trump threatened to “annihilate” Iran, predicted the demise of Cuba’s government, touted the “spoils” of oil won from assaulting Venezuela and attacked international organizations for infringing on the United States during his address Tuesday, Sept. 22, to the United Nations General Assembly.

The Cuban delegation walked out of the assembly hall. Good for them.

Link to USA Today