How horrible are your eating habits?

This describes me to a T - I cook very well when it’s for my family, but if it’s just me, I don’t care. For example, I had croutons for lunch today. About a half cup to a cup of croutons and a handful of chocolate chips. For breakfast I had a granola bar and 2/3 a cup of coffee. I would eat something else, but nothing is prepared, we have no leftovers and since we had our baby, planning meals has gone out the window.

I’m actually going to put a weekly menu together again and include meals my husband can cook. I should probably be eating more since I’m breastfeeding, but nothing in the house sounds good at all and it’s not exactly easy for me to go out with a three-week old on a growth spurt. I’ve been more or less chained to this chair since Saturday. Today is the first day I’ve managed to get her to nap somewhere else (i.e., not attached to my boob) for more than a half hour since Friday.

I love butter, but have been really trying to substitute smart balance, but sometimes its just gotta be butter.

Guilty confession: I LOVE Popeye’s chicken. Love it. Would eat it every day if I could. Its got such a wonderful spicy flavor. Mmmm…

Also, I love to bake: cookies, pies, cakes, etc. I like making any dessert item: so candies and chocolates are also in my repertoire. This is probably my biggest downfall.

The bad: I eat lots of red meat. I don’t drink as much pop as I did years ago, but I still drink too much. I eat too many donuts. I rarely eat breakfast and often skip lunch or have a (!) candy bar. (Snickers or Butterfinger)

The good: I don’t eat if I’m not hungry. I’m quite okay with leaving food on my plate, even a lot of it, at the end of a meal.

Every morning, I start the day with a diet coke.

Potato chips only come in one serving sizes. I don’t care if it’s a 3 ounce bag or 30 ounces, that sucker’s getting eaten. The morning after Thanksgiving, I ignored an entire fridge full of tasty leftovers in order to eat Utz potato chips and French onion dip in bed.

95% of the food I eat I cook myself. I always bring a large bag of food to work for lunches/snacks.

I love fruit, 2-3 servings a day at min. I eat mostly vegetarian, but not exclusively. I will eat sweets, but most of the time I can limit the amount. I’m usually in the 1200-1500 calorie range - I track it at Sparkpeople.

I exercise 5-6 days a week, alternating days of cardio and strength.

On the downside, I go through 6+ cans of Coke Zero or Diet Mt. Dew a day.

We have a fridge at work, so I usually buy healthy breakfast & lunch choices at the beginning of the week and live off those.

On the weekends, I stay at my boyfriends and we eat at least 2 well-balanced meals a day.

But Mon - Thurs night when I’m alone, I eat horribly. Usually just snack foods or whatever is handy. Cause it just doesn’t make sense to make a big meal for just myself.

It doesn’t help that I have celiacs and most of the wheat-substitute options don’t make for good reheating - so leftovers are minimal.

Tonight I’m eating an entire box of gluten-free mac’n’cheese and a piece of flourless chocolate cake.

I think you and I might be the same person. If there is food there it must be eaten until it is gone. I think I also might lack that signal most people get when they get full because I can count on one hand the number of times I have walked away from a meal thinking, “Wow, that was a lot of food!” instead of, “I wonder if we have cookies?” I have to be careful about keeping fruits and vegetables around because while they are good for me I will eat them until I’ve had so much fiber that I shit out my colon. I have to be very, very concious of separating out a serving for lunch before I start my dinner or eat exactly half of a meal at a restaurant and ask for a to-go box before I have a chance to finish it. I actually think back to times that I have turned down the offer of baked goods at work functions or whatever with regret. :frowning:

Whataburger and Chick-fil-A think my eating habits are just peachy.

I eat healthy food and moderate portions…but I eat a dessert with lunch and dinner.
Lunch, I eat a Hershey bar. Dinner, I eat a small bowl of ice cream. If I stopped, I could probably cut out 600-700 calories a day…but it’s the small pleasures that make life worth living.

I eat lots of fruit and some veggies, eat meat as lean as I can, try to limit breads and pasta, and exercise every day. This offsets the fact that I have a major sweet tooth, especially for chocolate and things covered in frosting. If it wasn’t for the things in my first sentence, I’d probably need to lose 100lbs, not 10.

Tracking calories has made eating at home/eating homemade food really important - it’s really eye-opening to read labels and see that you can either have that tiny cheeseburger and fries from McDonald’s, or a three course homemade meal. We still eat burger and fries occasionally, but with the knowledge of how to fit them into a healthy diet, not making them our whole diet.

I don’t eat breakfast and I drink a helluva lot of diet coke.

Lack of imaginative capitalists is probably is what is saving me from myself.

If they sold fried chicken skin, not fried chicken, just the skin, I would be tempted to live off just that.

So far, I am safe…but one day…

I thought they called that popcorn chicken. :wink:

I eat pretty healthy, but I eat out every day. Literally. I have not prepared food in my house for several months- not even once. Luckily for me, restaurants are cheap and good here.

I’ve been pretty glutinous this year, probably due to being out of work. I think my stomach has started shrinking or something though, because lately though I’ll eat the same large amounts, and still feel like eating more, my stomach feels more bloated and food wants to come back up. Not nauseous feeling, just ‘hey that won’t fit here’ slightly burpy feeling.

Actually, one of the girls here at work actually tried to get her contractor to build her house without a kitchen - but he pointed out the resale value would be shot to hee-haw.

Probably I shouldn’t tell you about fried pork rinds, then, which are found near the potato chips. Just pure fried pork skin, and lots of people just love it.

I have inflammatory bowel disease. Fresh fruits and vegetables will set this off, so I have to have cooked vegetables, when my GI tract is not acting up. When it IS acting up, then I have to live on oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, and Slimfast. I’ve had episodes that have lasted for over 3 months. This isn’t the ideal diet, but it’s something that I can tolerate without setting up camp in the bathroom.

Well, then get the hell out of the bad eating habits thread. (Kidding!)

I’m still trying to figure out your answer. Do you mean that you eat a pound of meat (cooked weight) and 5 scoops of rice for dinner every night? not judging; just asking.

As for me, someone who follows me around probably would not think too poorly of my eating. I follow the 80/20 rule, loosely, in that 80% of my food is healthy and 20% can be treat-ish. But it’s more the mental energy that it takes to control that 20%. I’m OK if I don’t have the first bite of cookie or cake or whatever, but it’s the old addicts’ notion of “one is too many and a thousand are never enough.”

Also, my coffee consumption is not good. I am somewhat surprised that I have a stomach left, given the amount of coffee, ibuprofen, and tylenol that I ingest on a daily basis. Sometimes I give myself a whopping stomach ache because of it. I know it’s nood good to take too many painkillers, but I’ve actually dtermined that it’s easier for me to not drink alcohol than it is to give up advil, aleve, and tylenol, because something always hurts on me. Since it’s not good to mix alcohol with those meds, I rarely drink.

I eat out for lunch way too often. And when I do, I get stuff like burgers and fries. Really has an effect on my weight and my wallet.