How I met your mother - Feb 7 episode

This was a great episode. Classic HIMYM.

Anyone else see it?

Good episode. I don’t recall anything quite like the telephone tag team sequence. The Oh, Honey bit was pretty good also.

I still can’t tell if Katy Perry can act.

But I would like for her to fall on my sword.

I’m glad that Zoey kept her divorce from the Captain secret, and I was going to be all kinds of upset if Ted had kissed Zoey while she was married. Would have totally undone Ted for me.

Also, given how Barney is usually in Ted’s corner, I’m kind of surprised at his behavior. But not a lot.

I liked the Loch Ness monster poster in the background. It was a strong episode. I don’t like the storyline so much though, since we know that Zoey is not the mother.

Yea, they need a story arc that isn’t about Teds endless series of girlfriends. Zoey was a lot more interesting when she was married and thus unavailable (plus I liked “The Captain”), now she’s just girl Ted will date for a few months but we know won’t end up with #38343.

I am not in to Who Ted Is In Love With Today either (altho that’s the main plot of the show, so…) but just when it was about to get omgboring, Marshall’s mother popped up on the phone and it became a pretty great episode!

I should know what that means, but I’m drawing a blank.:confused:

Naw, my bad, was a typo (and not the clearest sentence in the world even without the typo). Should’ve read: “now she’s just girl Ted will date for a few months but we know won’t end up with him #38343.”

That is, we’ve seen 38,343 iterations of this same general plot on the show. Which is annoying cause I kinda liked the Zoey character when she had more to her then just being a generic love interest.

Have watched this show from the beginning; it’s always stayed in my Top 10 Favorite Shows (regardless of genre), often in my Top 5. The premise of the show, however, does have a half-life/expiration date, due to it basic premise. The producers, writers, and talent need to agree that this show is finite, announce, say, two more seasons, then work on juggling things/muddying the waters so that we can’t really determine if it will be Miss Scarlet in the Library or Mrs. Peacock in the ballroom until the last 2-5 episodes. I’ll be sad to see it go, but the time to wrap this up is approaching.

Now: how would this develop/end if they brought in Joss Whedon for the final season? What would the ultimate fate(s) of our little group be? :eek:

It was a strong episode - although I found Marshall’s family thing rather annoying. Zoe is way cute, and when she was looking all sad I just wanted to scoop her up and try to make things right for her. It is a rare episode that I really hate, but this was one of the better ones of the season.

I just like how they structured the story as a series of calls to Marshall and the next collar would carry the story along and each would remember what happened differently.

I have such a strong aversion to Katy Perry that I couldn’t make it through the episode. Should I give it another shot? Did The Captain make an appearance? I’d definitely watch it for that.

It was a good episode, agreed the phone bit was funny.

Barneys version of events is always great.

I just like how they structured the story as a series of calls to Marshall and the next caller would carry the story along and each would remember what happened differently.

For anyone else it would be a new low, but sadly for Barney it’s just a new middle.

The Captain isn’t in it, but Katy was only in scene at the start and another scene near the end.

Cancelled mid-season with no resolution and an undying legion of sudden fans that are blind to the flaws of the characters and plot? :smiley:

Oh, Honey!

It was pointed out to me (I can’t take credit for the observation) that all the characters were wearing the color schemes of the Clue characters.
Ted was in purple, Zoe in white, Robin in blue, Lily in grey, Honey in red, and Barney in green. It is details like that why I love this show so much.

Dear Sir or Madam,

You winz an intarwebz but getz killed off for dramatic tensionz. Unless you iz young femalez in which case you getz superLOLpowers.

That is all.

Sincerely,

tripthicket