How long are you trapped on the desert island with the hottie before you ... you know

Well I was either on board the ship with my SO, who obviously didn’t survive, so let’s go from day one, or I was on my own aboard the ship and may have already started. So I think the whole question is moot.

I strongly disagree. The first things you do are secure food and water, build a shelter and construct some kind of signal. But these are around 50th on the list of things to think about. Boning the hottie takes up 1st thought through to 49th thought.

And then every thought after the 60th.

To honestly answer the OP; Probably after about a month. By that time you can figure that most immediate case rescue options have been exhausted and you’re on the “someone passes through the area every now and then” part.

I mean, come on. There really aren’t that many “desert islands” where you couldn’t be found within a month (or even a week) of searching.

The real trick for me is not forgiving that, but dealing with what happens when she returns. Like Dr Drake said, I’d have a real problem if they wanted to maintain contact.

This is a key point. I’d never forgive my SO if he forced himself upon her.

:stuck_out_tongue:

There would be no question of forgiveness, assuming she decided on her own to have sex with the guy. I wouldn’t do any differently if our situations were reversed. Why would I have to forgive her for doing something I would do myself?

I’d still be the ugliest guy there! (At least my kites like me!)

Wrong attitude – you will be the best looking guy there!

I’d be somewhat freaked out if they didn’t go for it as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

And if you’re there long enough, who would be looking at the face?
Kidding, kidding. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just don’t understand these responses. We seem to have completely different mindsets about the whole situation.

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Yes, I seem to be much different from a lot of people on this issue. I don’t do, or get, sexual jealousy. To me, if a partner of mine is having sex with someone else, I like that. I love him and want him to have pleasure.

Everybody would think you were the world’s biggest asshole if you did.

I agree with everything Bear_Nenno said, other real world “stress relievers” be damned. If you’re screwing the only other survivor while I’m killing myself with worry trying to find you, we’re not going to make it when you get rescued.

Movie recomendation - 6 Days, Seven Nights

As an answer to the OP I give “However long it takes for their clothes to rot right off them”.

After that all bets are probably off.

I was mulling this question, and it occurred to me that if I thought my husband was lost forever and then he was finally rescued and returned to me, I would be so happy to have him back that I wouldn’t care at all if he had sex with a fellow survivor.

The important issue is to figure out their schedule and then subtract one day.

The problem is that they figure out your schedule and subtract two days, so you have to subtract three days instead of one. But then they subtract four days, so you’ve really got to subtract five, and so on.

So the equilibrium time to crack open your fellow survivor’s skull and feast on the warm goo inside is one second after washing ashore.

I hope we get shipwrecked together. Then I’ll know to go for the kill after half a second.

But now that you know that, you’ll go for the kill after a quarter of a second…

Anticipating this, I usually go ahead and kill the guy in the next seat as I board the plane. Just in case. Plus I get more elbow room.

Yes, we do. Who is right and who is wrong?