How many members have to die before the SDMB admins ask you to be a mod?

:smiley:

Let’s see. Currently, about 136,00 members, around 6,000 active (Not sure what that means.)

Assuming active members means members with a recent posting history, I’m going to venture a guess around 5,500 members have to die before they would ask me.

How about you?

I don’t think it works down a list like the Presidency. If you want to be a mod, ask them. You can’t hear them <snerking> on the internet anyway.

All but one before I would agree to do it :slight_smile:

Really? I always thought they asked you.

I’m not going to ask, but still.

There are local events (usually held in your neighborhood SDMB coordinator’s basement) in which you can compete in certain trials. The survivors are allowed to continue to the state and then regional tournaments. Then super-regionals are used to winnow out the weaker contestants so that only a favored few can compete on a national basis.

So, you have to ask yourself, “Self, do I have what it takes to become an SDMB moderator? Well, do I, punk?!?”

Good luck and remember, that waiver will stand up in court. Trust me on this one.

Do these involve turning liposuctioned fat into designer soaps and high explosives by any chance? :slight_smile:

They’d shut the place down before asking me to be a mod. :smiley:

I was asked, ten years ago or so, before they really knew me all that well. Because I actually like this place I felt obligated to abstain.

Billions and billions [/Carl Sagan]

Do I get to choose which ones?

I was asked once, but I had to excuse myself. I really don’t have the time.

Don’t ast, don’t tell. They don’t ask me, so I don’t have to tell them no. I don’t ask them, so they don’t have to tell me no.

I don’t see death changing any of that. Unless it’s my death. Then I intend to come back and lock all the zombie threads.

Moderator Tontine.

I wouldn’t want to be on a board that would have me as a moderator.

I don’t have a thick enough skin.

I would moderate the fuck out of you people!

So they probably wouldn’t ask me.

Every time I ask, the only answer is, “More, more, more.”

If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve. Thank you anyway. Seriously, I am honored. Good night.

I don’t think people dying would either increase or decrease my chances.

I’m pretty sure I’m at the top of their list.