How many of these foods have you tried? (100 things)

Thirty-four items in twenty-six years. Some of the ones I have tried, I don’t understand why they’d be on anyone’s bucket list-- fried catfish was disappointing.

Does elk count as venison? Because that would make thirty-five (and it was wonderful).

7…wow…and they’re all like…sweets and/or fried. And to think I have a weight problem…

Churros, funnel cake,Hostess fruit pie, moonpie, root beer float, smores, sweet potato fries.

I think that’d be 78.

:smack:

Oh man, don’t get me started or I’ll go off on one. All I’ll say is it’s not just a mushroom, it’s a tree root/fungus symbiosis, and it’s one of the most unusual and astonishing tastes on the planet.

Haven’t had Abalone, Absinthe, Bellini, Bird’s Nest Soup, Black Pudding, Black Truffle, Carp (I think), Chitlins (except as a sausage casing), Crickets, Currywurst, Dandelion Wine, Foie Gras, Fried Green Tomatoes, Frogs’ Legs, Fugu, Haggis, Head Cheese, Heirloom Tomatoes, Honeycomb, Kangaroo, Kobe Beef, Pavlova (I think), Phaal, Raw Oysters, Sea Urchin, Snail, Soft Shell Crab, Squirrel, Steak Tartare, Sweetbreads, and Umeboshi.

72 …

1. Not bad considering I haven’t eaten meat in over 20 years.

Nope; I only got two;

1. Barbecue Ribs

2. Biscuits and Gravy

1. Many of the things I haven’t eaten seem to be American, which made me realise how little American food we get in the UK aside from burgers.

And I don’t get what’s so special about pineapple and cottage cheese!

Black Truffle is a fungus ball thing that grows underground.

Currywurst is a German fast food - imagine a hotdog smothered in curry flavoured ketchup.

Pavlova is a dessert - a large meringue filled with cream and berry fruit.

Phaal is a very very hot indian style curry invented in Britain - the hotest curry you can order. You only eat it for a dare.

Tom Yum is a spicey Thai soup. Som Tam is a shredded Thai salad made with papaya.

How can stewed rabbit not be rabbit stew?

Hare Stew.

Hostess Fruit Pie? Really?! Who made this list and decided that it deserved to be on there? Blegh…I don’t know if they were some culinary masterpiece in the good ol’ days but now it’s sickly sweet fruit syrup in a waxy pie shell. They sound good once in a while, when memory of the taste fades enough but I always immediately regret it as soon as I bite into one.

At least 84.

I’ve had chicken and I’ve had waffles, but didn’t count “chicken waffles.” There were a couple of other things I didn’t recognise so I didn’t count them, such as pocky and som tam. Perhaps I’ve eaten these things but don’t recall, or they were called something else? I’m guessing the latter is Vietnamese and I’ve eaten a Vietnamese restaurants.

I can also think of a ton of things that aren’t on that list.

Ah! I was wrong. I don’t think I’ve had either, then.

Yeah. I did poorly but I couldn’t help but feel that it was mainly because of a large US bias.

35 for me. Some of the items were unknown to me, some I know are way spicier than I’d like, some I just couldn’t bring myself to even try - like soft shelled crab or raw oyster. I grew up in Baltimore and I was around people all my life who ate/still eat these, but I can’t do it. ick.

On the other hand, I’m not as fussy as I was as a kid, and I do love me some calamari.

Only 88. I’m disappointed in myself. :smiley:

The ones I haven’t had:

1. Absinthe
  2. Bird’s Nest Soup
  3. Currywurst
  4. Foie Gras
  5. Fugu
  6. Goat’s Milk
  7. Haggis
  8. Nettle Tea
  9. Phaal
  10. Rabbit Stew (I’ve had lots of rabbit, but never rabbit stew)
  11. Som Tam
  12. Sweetbreads

I’d be happy to try any of them with the possible exception of fugu and bird’s nest soup!

1. I’ve not had:

2. Currywurst - never seen this

3. Dandelion Wine - I don’t drink wine

4. Eggs Benedict - I don’t like poached eggs

5. Fugu - too expensive

6. Kangaroo

7. Lassi - yech

8. Nettle Tea

9. Pineapple and Cottage Cheese -yech

10. Som Tam