How many pieces of jewelry are you wearing?

Ever since I realized that one of my mom’s diamond earrings cost $300 and that a piece of paste from Ardène that looked even sparklier cost $5, I’ve been a big fan of fake, as well as genuine semi-precious, stones.

When I was a kid I made my mom a pair of malachite earrings (cost me $4 or so for the stones and another $1 for the posts). The other Christmas I bought her an amethyst pendant on a silver necklace for about $20. Both times she was wowed. The amethyst in particular looks gorgeous.

I love to wear jewelry, but not expensive jewelry. (I’d feel way nervous and self-conscious.) I would much prefer something meaningful to me.

On a daily basis I wear a silver hoop I bought for 15FF in Paris, and an identical one that cost $5 here; a pendant earring I made from a silver rune, which I gave to my ex Eric and that he gave back to me, that cost $10 or so; a silver Celtic ring that my ex Matt gave me ($20); and a glazed black and hematite-coloured ceramic-bead bracelet that I bought while strolling downtown with Eric ($5).

I also wear a variety of necklaces, all of which have some significance for me (the most important to me are my pentacle, which I bought just after I began to practice Wicca, and the pride necklace my best friend Hamish made for me, with a silver “guardian fairy” on it).

Anyway, my tastes in jewelry are inexpensive and simple, and the same will go when I get engaged/married.

I can’t stand to wear jewelry. Not even a wristwatch.
I’m not alergic or anything, just hate the rubbing of rings and dogtag chains, that I had to wear for football “team spirt” and the military, respectively.

always on:

. wedding band
. two sets of earrings

always added on when I leave the house:

. wedding band
. a watch [I switch b/f depending on how I’m dressed]
. two sets of earrings
. necklace
. sometimes add bracelet or two or three or four or five or six or seven [max] depends upon the bracelet sets

One ring (left hand), 5 earrings (3 right, 2 left), one green bead bracelet, and one silver/amber necklace. When I’m not wearing my green bead bracelet, I’m wearing 5 slinky bracelets (pink, orange, yellow, green, purple (neon colors)).

Always on:
Silver claddagh ring I’ve had since I was 12 on my ring finger, silver band on my thumb. Silver ring on my right index finger that says in Gaelic “Gaol, Cairdeas, Dilseachd” which means “love, loyalty, friendship”. Stainless steel MIA bracelet, Col. Curtis Eaton, who was USAF from Rhode Island. Two silver hoops in my left ear, one in the right. Stainless steel hoop nose ring, I think it’s an 18 gauge.

Usually on:
Necklace that’s like a military-style ball chain on steroids, big huge metal balls on it. It’s getting rusty and beat up and scrapes my neck, but it’s kickass. Sometimes my black collar. $7 watch with a fuzzy zebra striped band. Various bracelets, usually wooden bead ones, or those “power bead” stone ones, or my pink Buttercup PowerPuff slap bracelet that used to light up, but the batteries are dead.

My dad’s high school class ring on right hand (Stafford Senior High School - Class of 1952). He gave it to me 20 years ago and I’ve never had it off for more than 5 minutes since then.

Watch on my left wrist. I feel naked without a watch and wear one nearly all the time.

Nip rings, belly barbell, and 5 various pieces of metal in my left ear.

I don’t really feel naked w/o them, I just don’t change them or take 'em out.

Does that include the Family Jewels? :smiley:

Seriously, though:

A simple gold wedding band, which never comes off.

A thin silver chain with a small, white gold Star of David that I always wear under my shirt. My parents gave it to me when I graduated from high school, and I only take it off when I’m doing Reserve duty - it tends to get all tangled up with my dog tag.

A Casio, whenever I leave the house. The band tore last Friday, and i’ve been rubbing my bare wrist nervously ever since.

I’m having to rearrange my jewelry habits to accomodate the class ring I finally got this Friday. I did wear a pewter Celtic knot on my left hand and a silver rune ring on my right, but for now they’re both on my left hand until I decide whether I should retire one of them. I have a silver Celtic trinity knot necklace, a pair of diamond studs and a pair of diamond and platinum hoops that I’m paranoid will fall out some day.
My parents have given me a lot of jewelry over the years that I break out only for special occasions, like a sapphire bracelet that I really adore but don’t want to take to school with me. Whenever my folks by me a ring, my mom always says, “You can wear this all the time and never take it off.” It’s never dawned on her that constantly getting a diamond ring snagged on everything under the sun will not make me want to wear and cherish it every single day.

There’s only two pieces of jewelery I always wear:

my wedding band and a silver chain with a little witch on a broomstick as a pendant.

I’ve worn this witch for more than 10 years now and I almost never take it off. And when I do I feel very uncomfortable without it!

Apart from that I almost never wear jewelery. But you could say that I wear fancy shoes instead of jewelery. I’m quite a shoe-fanatic and when I dress up for an occasion I usually don’t put on jewelery but I make sure that everybody notices my shoes.
I know that’s not the same but in a way I use shoes as jewelery… .

I never take off my engagement ring and ring guard on my left hand ring finger, my opal ring on ring finger right hand and diamond pendant on a thin white gold chain that was my mother’s. To go out I wear at least one pair of earrings (I have two piercings, but the second one hurts sometimes.) I also wear a watch and/or a silver bracelet. So, 4 all the time, and a total of 10 some of the time.

None, yet.

[sub]I guess it’s up to the Spifflers, now…[/sub]

thinksnow buddy I tried to get the funding but sadly it was not to be. I guess I’m just no good at begging, cause believe me I begged.

However, there were many, many offers of a more hands-on nature and I’m sure if you are still willing we will see you pierced if it’s the last thing (pun intended) we do.

As God as my witness you will never go unjewelried again.

So waddya say :smiley:

Sure, I’m game.

[sub][ul]Two things
[li]Are you gonna hold the bandage in place?[*]I heard saliva is a good disinfectant…[/ul][/li][/sub]

:smiley: