How much are you paying....

… for Martial Arts training?

Not just now, but if you’ve trained within the last 2-3 years.

See, I’ve been out for a while, and I’m looking around to get back in, and holy cow are classes much more expensive than I remember.
I started in 1995, and trained regularly till 1998, and then sporadically till 2000. I was paying around $30 a month for unlimited classes. The school was decent sized, clean, and had enough instructors to go around.

I’ve looked around here, and outside of generic self defense classes, most are between $70-$100+ a month for the same sort of deal.

So I’m trying to find out if this is an anomoly to the Sacramento Area, or something that’s universal.

Thanks!

J-Network (kickboxing), in and around Tokyo, charges between $40/month for Saturday lessons and $80/month for unlimited lessons. You supply your own equipment.

The dojo I’ve trained at in Saint Paul, Midwest Karate Association, charges $65 a month for unlimited classes.

I haven’t trained there in a while, now; I found another teacher and train in his back yard. He asks a $20 a month donation to maintain the equipment, and that’s about it.

I am jealous of Ethilrist.

Sublight, you know, I honestly would have thought that Martial Arts in Japan would be cheaper. Just goes to show, I’m an idiot.
Keep 'em coming folks!