Too bad the bar didn’t have Raki, my favorite Turkish liquor. That would have put him in his place.
[QUOTE=Autolycus]
Now, this brings up a much larger point, one that maybe warrants its own thread. We can start here though. What exactly makes a drink ‘girly’ ? Taste? Color? Strength? Obviously some drinks are no-brainers, but what about my Blue Lagoon. Sure it was blue, and yes it has a sweet taste, but it’s got four shots worth in it. It’s just a little weaker than a LII Tea, which is definitely not a girly drink. What do you think?
[/QUOTE]
That LII Tea is a girly drink (it’s got “tea” in the name!). Just like a drink that’s blue. And sweet.
Not that I don’t like girly drinks. But you gotta expect to be teased if you’re drinking one.
[QUOTE=hajario]
He was giving you some friendly shit. It’s a good thing that you don’t work where I do or you’d be running out the door crying within a week.
[/QUOTE]
And it’s a good thing you don’t work where Autolycus works also. Given what you’ve said about your job in previous threads, I don’t think you’d last long there either.
“Let’s face it, Autolycus. You’re a girl drink drunk.”
Seriously, though, was he rude? Yeah, but it wasn’t neccesarily the bad kind of rude. I believe you’ve said in previous posts that you’re kind of young…23? And you said he looked to be in his mid 30s. I sort of got the impression that he saw you with your drink there, and decided, “There’s a young guy drinking a girly drink.”, and decided to sort of take you under his wing and teach you how you’re supposed to drink at bars. He was trying to do you a favor…it was kind of a mentoring sort of thing.
Grab a bottle from the bartenders side of the bar hit the offensive slob across the side of the head, slug him in the face before he goes down and stomp on both his hands as he lies on the floor.
You’d be surprised how that cuts down on criticism of drinks ordered in bars.
At least it does in rural Colorado.
If you can’t picture Humphrey Bogart drinking it, it’s a girly (or perhaps fratboy–can’t picture Humphrey with a Gorilla Fart) drink. Bourbon–not girly. Gin and tonic–not girly. Vodka martini–not girly. Scotch–not girly. If it’s pink, blue or comes with an umbrella in it–it’s girly.
[QUOTE=burundi]
If you can’t picture Humphrey Bogart drinking it, it’s a girly (or perhaps fratboy–can’t picture Humphrey with a Gorilla Fart) drink. Bourbon–not girly. Gin and tonic–not girly. Vodka martini–not girly. Scotch–not girly. If it’s pink, blue or comes with an umbrella in it–it’s girly.
[/QUOTE]
Seconded.
[QUOTE=hajario]
He was giving you some friendly shit. It’s a good thing that you don’t work where I do or you’d be running out the door crying within a week.
[/QUOTE]
That’s my take on it. “My” gang at work is sort of like that too. And we don’t even know any New Yorkers. I thought they had a reputation as being rather blunt, though not meaning it as mean or rude? I could be way off base here, as I said, I don’t know any actual New Yorkers.
![]()