How to Renew My Subscription?

I hate to break it to you like this, but it’s always better to do this in public so no one will cause a scene. We’ve been talking about you and all have decided that since one person had to be left out from keeping their Charter Member status, you were chosen. Sorry about that but it was unanimous.

A whole discussion about ME?

How flattering. I’m gonna get a big head.

I wonder if the cost of running this board has been considered a decent tax write off?

Hopefully, if that is so, TPTB let all member status remain as they were before.

My membership renewal is coming up soon and… I see from this thread no progress has been made.

Let me add my voice to the chorus that says I’d like to continue to support this community and, yeah, I’d like to keep the “charter member” status.

Might I suggest that the issue of fixing the software to accommodate subscriptions be somewhat bypassed by setting up a Patreon account?
It would at least be a secured way for us to donate to the SDMB.

This is actually quite sensible.

There is very little immediate pragmatic reason to tie Membership status to support. At worst, it becomes a matter of establishing a discrete contribution method and then manually managing on-board Membership status as contributions come in. And frankly, that can be optional for now.

However, one big appeal to official membership status is NO ADS! Will that be maintained if we move to Patreon for donations, and if so, by whom?

I would definitely be happy to donate to keep my Charter Member title.

Adding to the drumbeat, guys.

TAKE MY MONEY!

Boy, do I miss TubaDiva.

More votes for let me keep my Charter Membership/let me pay/I miss Tuba Diva.

Wait. There is someone higher up than Ed Zotti?!?

I think, IIRC, a lot (all?) of the Charter Memberships expire this May. Let’s get this fixed - I can haz cazh.

Oh, Happy birthday @CookingWithGas!

I’d be happy to contribute to a Patreon.

Thank you! :grinning:

The bad news is that the subscription / membership system is still not working. The good news is that the subscription / membership system is still not working, so the Member and Charter Member user groups remain intact and there’s no working system to remove anyone from them. If you were a member or charter member before the software change, your name is still in the appropriate user group.

You don’t need to worry about your membership expiring.

I missed it by “this much” but happy birthday to you! :birthday:

I don’t know if this will put any ones mind as ease but @GIGObuster posted July 2020 that his membership ran out in August, but he still has Charter Member by his name now.

For people like @running_coach and @KneadToKnow did your personal title transfer over instead of membership status? IIRC, on the old board you paid something like a buck a month to use a custom title but I thought it showed underneath your user name and member status. Is that right? I assume you can’t pay for custom titles now.

EDIT: Thanks e_c_g, I wanted to pose that theory. If only I hadn’t said happy birthday to CookingWithGas I would have posted it first. No more mister nice guy!

It is not so much the title, I want this place to have a positive cash flow as well. TAKE MAH MONEY!

I am in 100% agreement with @JohnT- TAKE HIS MONEY!

:grin:

Duh. Cecil.