How to stop the Menacing Clown problem.

First they came for the clowns, and I said nothing, because I’m a mime.

It’s exactly like the Castle Doctrine. Well, exactly like except for one tiny difference:

1. The Castle Doctrine legalizes violence against certain people when they’re committing a felony.
  2. Your proposal legalizes violence against certain people when they’re engaged in protected freedom of expression.

Otherwise, though, I agree, they’re the same thing.

Step 1: Establish that a “menacing clown problem” exists.

Would she be illegal?

http://web-images.chacha.com/images/Gallery/7021/crazy-things-girls-do-to-attract-guys604883543-apr-24-2014-1-600x450.jpg

I’m thinking rant, people.

Off to the Pit.

Beautifully done.:smiley:

Funniest thing I’ve read all day! :slight_smile:

Just tell New Line Cinema to stop their viral marketing campaign for the “It” movie.

I’m not a clown, I’m a jester, dammit!

Missed a smudge of grease paint behind your ear, Clarabell.

Jeez, people…

No one’s pointed out that the only thing that’ll stop a bad guy in a clown suit is a good guy in a clown suit?

Except they aren’t. They are deliberately terrorizing towns with the intent of creating panic. Schools have been locked down. Police departments have been called in, and have threatened action if caught. Threatening people is not protected speech.

But, hey, it’s a post by magellan. Got to argue against him, even if it means ignoring reality.

Oh good god. Now I want to see a photoshop of Trump standing behind Hillary in the last debate, only wearing clown paint. :smiley:

If we don’t stop the clowns, our society will be somehow harmed forty years from now.

What if that works and the banners move on to other costumes? What if they try and ban furries and other people that like to dress as animals? People have a constitutional right to bear arms, but the rest of the bear costume wasn’t mentioned by the founding fathers.

I’ve seen a few others like this but this is my favorite.

How are these things so scary? When I was young, we watched clowns for breakfast. These wusses nowadays…

I expect that the number of reported clown sightings far exceeds the number of doofuses actually dressing as scary clowns. Even the threats to schools aren’t hand-delivered by someone in a clown suit; they’re social media claims and rants, most likely just people claiming to be a clown or have seen a clown.

This mass hysteria has all the earmarks of…well…mass hysteria.

We had an incident in our neighborhood last week; a person dressed as a clown was meandering through back yards, carrying what appeared to be a baseball bat, and occasionally stopping to gaze at a house while casually swinging the bat. Scared the crap out of a young woman who was at home with her toddler (her hubby is deployed). She called our neighborhood police who were unable to find a suspect, but it led to a scathing post on our Facebook page from our Chief, instructing parents to caution their teens about hopping on the meanacing clown bandwagon as our neighborhood is full of current and former military folks without a sense of humor about such things. Also, wearing a mask in public is a felony.

Wasn’t there at least one case recently where the clown tried to grab a baby from a mom at a bus stop?

So where are the dogs and cats living together, smart guy?

Regards,
Shodan