How to survive a pitting?

I have survived multiple meltdowns (if they count as meltdowns) What doesn’t kill you does make you stronger!

Well lel, to me your name doesn’t sound wimpy at all, so you at least have no worries in the “wimpy username” category.

In “my” business, “lel” is an acronym for lower explosive limit.

So it sounds pretty volatile to me, hehe.

It’s because you might very well be the Queen of Sheba.

This is all pretty interesting but prompts me to ask how people become aware that they have been pitted? I’ve noticed in many pit threads that the response by the pittee is very quick. Do that many people spend that much time hovering over all the forums so they can catch anything that comes up? Or is it a matter of frequent vanity searches?
Frankly, I doubt I’d ever be aware of being pitted, unless someone emailed me. Even putting a link with a note in the thread that prompted my pitting would only work part of the time, as I don’t spend a lot of time checking back in to read the incremental progress of a thread to which I’ve posted.

I was pitted the very first day I posted here. Woo hoo for me. I found that the best way to let the pit thread go is to write an extremely long, detailed and nasty replay that, due to server time out or something, brought up a 404 page resulting in the loss of the post.

Yee-haa for me. Often I cut and paste posts into notepad for exactly this reason. Sucks when it happens.

Then I went back to the original thread (Pat Robertson) and slugged it out a little more. I figure the loss of the post was divine intervention intended to keep me from being distracted.

Oh, wait. I’m an atheist. Nevermind.