[QUOTE=eleanorigby]
So, you bartered the care of your daughter-with your spouse WTF?
Good bye-I hope the judge orders you to pay through the nose to this guy who you all but describe as a deadbeat. I do so hope your future spouse has a cast iron pre-nup that says you don’t even get a gander at his money.
Who pays a spouse to watch offspring? I am so far from your “values” construct that I cannot understand it. Do you realize that you have left the impression that you are a money monger who puts dollar bills above people and who can’t trust a man, but will leave a helpless child in the care of that man?
None of it adds up to what you would like to convey. Again, I pity your offspring and I hope your future spouse gets to see this thread. You may not be getting married, if he does (oh, wait-you weren’t going to marry him anyway, because he is decent enough to carry out his obligation to his soon to be ex…it’s hard to keep up). Ugh.
[/QUOTE]
eleanorigby, I’m not sure why you are upset, it isn’t how I would structure my life but I know people who live like that. Look, the guy is a fuckup regarding money but there is nothing indicating that he was bad with the kid.
For some people, money is key.
Foxy40, I wish you luck with all this, but I strongly urge that you sit down with your attorney and go over all of this with her. Make sure that you are allowed to waive child support. I’m a little surprised that you guys are making offers until you know what the legal situation is. Sit down with your attorney and find out exactly what your legal liabilities are with respect to the child support and any other issues that may crop up. Once you have this information, then you can decide what your moral obligation, if any are.
I do suggest that you and future hubby think about whether you want to be married. From your previous posts here, I don’t think that you really want to tie your life to someone else and that is what marriage does.
Ultimately, marriage is a contractual arrangement. When you marry, you in essence give that person all sorts of legal protections and rights. If you are injured, in most places, this will be the person to whom the authorities will turn to to determine your medical care, this is the person who gets to decide to pull the plug. If you die, this is the person who inherits. As you have seen, if you decide to divorce, it isn’t a matter of just packing your goods and leaving but rather a matter of legal significance. You are currently in the process of getting divorced and are already contemplating another marriage? *
- see prior disclaimers. These issues and any others are determined by the laws of your local jurisdiction. Consult your local attorney. You shouldn’t take advice from any anonymous person on the internet. s