I can't believe i'm actually doing this!

This weekend, i signed up to do the AIDS ride. 575 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles, over 7 days. June 3-9. I’ve never done anything like this before. While i’m an avid cyclist, nearly all of my rides have been relatively short (<30 miles). Once, a few years ago, i biked 100 miles in a day, and nearly passed out afterwards.

Suffice to say, this will likely be the most difficult thing i’ve ever done. That’s a big reason for why i’m doing it, because i think i need something like this. It’s going to be a tough six months of training and fundraising, but it will be worthwhile at the end.

If anyone’s interested in the rides, you can check out http://www.aidsride.org. Anyone interested in sponsoring me can email me.

I know you can do it, zyzz. I wish I could donate money for your ride, but ya know, moving to the Bay Area and all…

I’ll be pulling for you.

I almost signed up for something like this, a training program/support system for a marathon. Then I wimped out. Could be the 30 extra pounds I carry around. I wanted to do it for the same reason you do - it’s something I needed. You have more strength than I. best of luck.

Good luck **zyz[/b}!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. I’ll need all i can get!

Rasa: that’s okay. Just be there on June 3rd to see me off. :wink:

zyzz, are there any rules about using a motorcycle in lieu of a bicycle? Yes? Just trying to help. Good luck to you, sir.

I will be, zyzz. And I forgot to say it before–thanks for supporting the AIDS ride!

Nen’s just jealous that he lacks the coordination to ride a bicycle.

Wow. Seven days without zyzz. :frowning: Good luck, have fun, don’t kill yourself. And it’s fabulous that you’re willing to be a part of this.

We shall modify his Palm Pilot so that he may beam us messages on his ride. Who else will email me mundane and pointless stuff all day like we have for years??

You gonna pay for the cellular modem, Rasa? OmniSky looks like it has some pretty good deals. :wink:

Sure zyzz. If you pay my Bay Area rent for me, I’ll pay for your modem. :wink:

zyzzyva, unless they’ve changed the course, you’ll be passing right in front of my house in Santa Cruz. I’d wave and say hi if I knew what you looked like. Allow me to join others in saying thanks for your efforts.

WTG Zyzz. I, ahem…almost rode my first century last year, but decided to go to Cabo instead. :wink: I want to at least ride one century this year. I wish I had the time to ride with ya this year, sounds like a sweet trip.