I can't believe they got away with that!

Um…people will understand you a lot better if you explain your acronyms at least once. What the heckis ATHF?

What is sugar walls refering to? Which episode?

Sugar Walls refer to the vagina. Homer said it while eating the wall of the witch’s gingerbread house one one of the Halloween episodes.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - a cartoon series on Adult Swim.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I recently re-watched some old Rocko’s Modern Life episodes (a cartoon a grew up on about an immigrant wallaby, great stuff). In one of them, there was a scene with small pet animals (not sure what they were) using a beer funnel. I was 9 and 10 years old when I was watching this show! Then again, this was the Ren and Stimpy era, so I guess beer funnels seemed tame by comparison.

Is it true that Rocko’s Modern Life had other innuendo ie references to sex or masterbation?

Yes, a number of references. One of the most noticable was the name of Rocko’s favorite hangout: the Chokey Chicken.

You Bet Your Life:

GROUCHO (to Mrs. Story, who has 19 children, all in the studio): Why do you have so many children? That’s a big responsibility and a big burden?

MRS. STORY: Well, I love my husband.

GROUCHO: Lady, I love my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in a while.
Actually, they didn’t get away with that, but it was too good to omit! :smiley:

Yeah, I can’t believe I didn’t know THAT one immediately. :rolleyes:

Oh hell yeah. That same episode had a weird pet psychologist that apparently was taking Rocko’s mop (which Spunky had a crush on) into his office alone… supposedly to “talk.” What’s really cool about it is that, ten years and more later, the show really holds up - it’s still great entertainment!

I’m surprised with what Conan O’Brian gets away with sometimes. I was shocked as hell when the “Camel Toe Annie” character made her debut. I mean, the verbal reference is surprising enough–even on late night televison, but to have a woman come out dressed in very tight pants with a very exaggerated, bulging camel toe… Man, I was floored!

Or that at one point in time they are actually playing a game called ‘spank the monkey.’?

Rocko’s Modern Life was not a kid’s show. I have a theory that the producers pitched it to MTV or Comedy Central first, and when it failed there, they went to Nickelodeon, and figured the dirty jokes didn’t matter because kids wouldn’t get them. Turns out they were right.

Times have surely changerd. In “Goldfinger”, first the book and then the movie, it was considered downright scandalous that there could be a character named “Pussy Galore”.

One of the few things about any of the Austin Powers movies I liked was the character name “Lotta Fagina” as a parody of this.

Homer also mentioned the “Hersey Highway.” And said to a gay guy “You’ve been riding his ass all morning. And not in a good way.”

The Simpsons is full of them. One of my favorites is the Krusty See ‘n’ Say. “S is for shiksa! S…H…I…um…I think there’s a T in there…” Similarly, there’s Apu’s alma mater, the Springfield Heights Institute of Technology.

Hell, there was an entire episode about how Rocko was jackhammering so much in preperation fora jackhammer contest that he started to go blind.

Another Simpsons reference: Homer and Marge are hiding in a barn, and an angry farmer with a pitchform says something like “Get outta my barn or there’s gonna be some ass-forking!”

In the 80’s TV show GI Joe: A Real American Hero, one of the villainesses is the Baroness.

An Eastern European knockout, her standard outfit was a black leather catsuit, boots & gloves.

A Dom.

In a kid’s cartoon.

What were they THINKING! :eek: :smack:

I was going to post Soupy Sales’s famous “every time I say F, you see K!” bit, but a check of Snopes tells me that he didn’t actually do it (or any of the other subversive gags that were attributed to him). I’m kind of bummed–those were cool gags, and it’s fun to think he got away with them back in the uptight days of television.