I did it! I QUIT!

I finally quit my job! I accepted another job paying me lots more to do less of what I don’t like and more of what I love. I am so excited! My last day is the 19th.

I felt a little bad about quitting because I know I am essential to my company and I honestly don’t know what they’ll do without me. But they have been getting more than their money’s worth out of me for over a year now and won’t pony up the money to pay me what I’m worth…so, hasta la vista. Plus, the new job is less than two miles from home, whereas the old job was about 18 one way. No more long commute! Maybe I’ll even walk from now on.

Anyway, yay for me!

I quit my miserable job today too! Feels good don’t it?

And here I thought this would be a thread on how you quit the boards, and I was going to gently point out that a celebratory thread on that defeats the purpose. :wink:

Congratulations on your good fortune!

Woo hoo!! Yay or you!!!

<tossing confetti with wild and reckless abandon>

Hey, that’s great news! Congratulations!

I’ve quit jobs a couple of times, even when I wasn’t especially dissatisfied with the job itself. Generally speaking, it’s usually a pretty good move. In fact, I highly recommend that everyone quit his/her job. Just make sure you stash a little money away before hand.

In this economy? That is impressive! :slight_smile: