I didn't feel old...

…until a friend of mine pointed out that today is the 10th anniversary of my 21st birthday, and therefore I should have a drink to celebrate.

Okay, now I feel old.

(And for the record, I spent my 21st birthday at my mom’s house, because I was on spring break from college and was a nerd who did not have cool spring break plans. She gave me a birthday card. A wild rumpus was not had.)

However, I am expecting at least a moderate rumpus from MrWhatsit later on, and you all can interpret that however you would like. :cool:

Wanna know what makes me feel old? I was in my 20s when some of the ‘kids’ on American Idol were born.

Same here.

Also, I work at a college and this year’s incoming freshmen were born five years after my own graduation.

Don’t trust anyone over 30!

You a member of AARP yet?

I remember when someone on this board posted that they first saw Austin Powers when they were a little kid and didn’t get the jokes.

“But that’s a brand new movie!” I thought.

Cool, I’m 19 months away from the 20th anniversary of my 21st birthday. Suddenly somehow it doesn’t seem so bad thinking about it that way

And in 31 months I can have two drinks: one to commemorate my 21st of 21st, and the other to mark my drinking habit coming of age.

Pretty damn spiffy Wally, pretty damn spiffy.

I’m the only guy in my office who knows who Hoagy Carmichael was.

Child. I’m turning 39 for the 2nd time in a few months. And I don’t know who that increasingly gray-haired woman is in my mirror (but my husband seems to think she’s still got it goin’ on . . .).

The guy who invented the cheesesteak?

I feel old when I realize that the last time I had a birthday cake with the right number of candles was 20 years ago, when I was 40.

Wishing you a good day, a good year and a great life!

An all-pro wide receiver who was also a delicious sandwich?

I got called “Sir” for the first time by someone in their teens the other day. That made my back hurt and my hair threaten to thin.

Think on this. There are kids graduating high school who have no memory of a time before the World Wide Web.

Yeah, I remember the first time I got “ma’am” from some kid. I was in my 30s.

The idea that someone who was born the year I graduated from high school has been able to buy beer legally for the last three years is staggering.

I went back to college when I was 25 and got a “sir” from one of my classmates asking about homework. That hurt.

I felt old when I read this.

Susan
(Had my 10th anniversary of my 21st 3 years ago)

YOU feel old?

Meh.

I turned 40 today.

Get off my lawn, kid!

Happy Birthday (to us) !

And here I am dreading my 23rd Birthday! Man, I feel a lot better now…

Thanks for the perspective, I’m gonna go lounge around in front of people’s yards now!
:goes off whistling a jaunty tune: