I finally finished my screenplay!

I submitted my first screenplay to a nationwide competition, and I’m anxious to see how it does. I won’t know for a few months. The screenplay is called ‘No Way Home’ and it’s 98 pages long. If you’re interested in reading it, message me and I will be happy to send you a PDF. I only ask that you give me your honest feedback on what you liked and what you didn’t.

The logline is: “After a disillusioned college student is pulled into a militant separatist group in the Philippines, his estranged father and brother must navigate a foreign legal system, local intelligence networks, and dangerous political realities to bring him home before he is permanently lost to a war he doesn’t understand.”

Did you have to pay a fee to enter the competition or was it free?

I entered Script Pipeline early, so the cost was low ($40), but that doesn’t include detailed feedback, which would have been an additional ~$100. I haven’t found one yet that was totally free. If you know of one, please let me know.

How do you know that they are legitimate?

It seems like it would be an easy way for unscrupulous individuals to prey on people’s dreams.

I vetted them. They’re legit and have been around for over 20 years. There are certainly ghost contests out there, but this isn’t one of them. I’m looking at entering up to 6 competitions over the next year, depending how the first few go.

Break a Leg!!

Thanks. This is my first screenplay and my first competition, so this is all new to me.