I forget, do we have a general HurricaneDitka Pit thread?

Not really my thing, personally.

As I’ve said previously, my goal here is primarily to entertain myself during an otherwise pretty-boring workday, as opposed to educating anyone about anything. So I don’t go about trying to accomplish things. I see things I disagree with and where few if any posters are making the points I would make in opposition, and I make those points. Based on my political orientation and the nature of this board, this will naturally be mostly in opposition to left-wing posts.

If I were a member of a RW board I would naturally post in areas where I opposed that viewpoint (and would probably be known as a leftist of sorts), but that’s the way it shakes out here.

Possibly others would be interested. Not sure if you have enough RW posters active at any time for that, though. Also, difficult to pull off given the nature of the board - no one can stop anyone from posting in any thread they want - and I don’t know if enough people will respect the ostensible purpose of the thread for it to develop along your suggested lines.

I disagree here. This thread is not about policy matters. This is a Pit thread about attacking HD.

IMHO the nature of this latest attack - where a poster’s words and intentions are being twisted to present him and his opinion in the worst possible light - is one big obstacle to the kind of understanding and dialogue that you seem to be calling for.

I attempted a similar idea, though without the ideological division – attempting to intentionally put aside personal feelings and explore real and honest beliefs and disagreement and differing assumptions, and I think it had a lot of interesting discussion (along with some chaff, of course):

Did he even leave? Guess I blinked.

I suppose you will never see the irony of you putting people on Ignore and then claiming you want to hear what they have to say.

Regards,
Shodan

Why don’t you start the thread, Shodan ?

Or are snideness and baiting all you’re capable of?

Even when you read what I wrote, you can’t see the irony.

Regards,
Shodan

I was not aware that you are – or at least consider yourself to be – a veritable paragon of unbiased enlightened centrism, who shines like a god above all the partisan politics that infects the rest of us common mortals. For some reason I had been under the impression that you’re an ignorant right-wing dipshit completely devoid of reason. I regret to say that since this impression was based on the evidence at hand, it hasn’t changed, but your own self-assessment is duly noted for what it’s worth.

That’s news to me, too, so your entire post is just overflowing with enlightenment. See, my first series of exchanges with HurricaneDitka was ended by me when he revealed himself to be a fundamentally dishonest debater, disingenuously pretending that these border-crossing immigrants were being arrested and detained because they were “suspected criminals” (not his fault if any normal person will read that as “suspected felons”).

And I see from further discussion that I was right to do so and to consider any further discussion futile, because he is in fact a lying sack of shit who believes that immigrants should be arrested, detained, and deported because they are second-rate human beings who are economically useless (and presumably, useless in every other way), and kudos to JohnT for cleverly leading him on to reveal himself as a full-fledged racist, as noted previously. Needless to say, he doesn’t understand all the fuss about immigrant children being separated from their parents, since the kids are just miniature versions of the same second-rate worthless humans. It is also a mystery to him (his words) why anyone would pay the slightest attention to Paul Krugman, the Nobel laureate economist.

The reason HurricaneDitka avoids the Pit is that his m.o. is to hide his disgusting racist and sociopathic beliefs behind a veneer of sanctimonious civility and linguistic artifices. He avoids the Pit because he and the bullshit he peddles wouldn’t survive ten seconds confronted with plain language.

He’s a coward as well as a whore, yes.

Wait. He gets paid?

Damn! You must have also missed his “Tell Me You’re Going To Miss Me” thread.

Sure does. I think he mentioned a whopping $1500 tax break for the year. That’s worth supporting a white supremacist or two, it’s gotta be.

God what a long winded arrogant twit you are. You could be leftie or rightie. Religious or atheist. Gay or straight. But there isn’t even a speck of humility or humanity in you. You are the Canadian Trump.

Help me a bit here: Are you implying that in the other thread HD is showing to be “humble and human” on that “Impact of Trump’s Executive Order to Stop Splitting Up Families”?

Where he pointed out that Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador have neither. [White men or a robust economy]?

Is there anything more humble than the classic white man’s burden?

I saw a bit of it. Just wasn’t expecting our prodigal son to use a revolving door.

In this case, wolfpup’s post seemed spot on. Your’s seemed unsupported by the evidence before us. Care to share?

He left for a child to be born. Now that child is born, he is back. I was also hoping for a longer father-son bonding time.

There’s never any evidence. He’s a drive-by stalker who just shows up at random with some out-of-the-blue tirade of insults that have nothing to do with the conversation and then disappears. He does it pretty consistently, and getting smacked down by others doesn’t deter him. That’s why I have the useless fuck on ignore. I figure I must have insulted him at some point and hurt his widdle feelings.

If I remember you correctly - and I think I do - you’re one of these pseudo-intellectual poseurs who read some cherry-picked articles and books on a topic and then turn around and cover for your fundamental lack of understanding by means of a lot of technical lingo and name dropping, thereby enabling you - in your own mind - to dismiss and attack experts and professionals in those fields. You’re far from the only one who relies heavily on this MO, but you stood out in this regard.

However, assessments of fellow posters is not something that lends itself to this type of cribbing, and you’re on your own here, relying on your own meager critical-thinking skills. Not pretty.

Wolfpup is obviously not familiar with your voluminous “work” in the Trump/Russia threads, otherwise he would not have been uncertain about his completely accurate read into your psyche.

It’s hardly surprising that a man of your mental caliber would find common ground with wolfpup on this, as well as any other random issues.

That said, I think your priorities may be a bit misplaced. My suggestion is that you focus on basic reading comprehension of the news cites that you so love posting to the Trump/Russia thread. When your score gets up past 50% you’ll be ready for new challenges elsewhere.

:sniff: