I got my postcard, Chief!

Received in today’s mail a postcard from ChiefScott sent from the Eisenhower and showing the church, Chiesa di S. Maria Maggiore where Chief scarfed some chow.

Thanks Chief! May your travels be safe and rewarding!

(Sailors can too write!)

I got mine last night. I think it said Trieste or something on the front with pictures of old castles or something.(Sorry-I’m at work, it’s home, I’ve killed manny manny brain cells) And I found out that my house # used to be printed on qualudes.

Thanks alot Chief, definately brightened my day!

I will not carve gods.

I didn’t get mine yet sob

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

I recieved mine yesterday from Treiste. Way cool. We should all send him postcards from our neck of the woods. kinda like…“adopt a seaman”

Me either, ultress…sob We can commiserate together, how’s that?

Winner, SDMB’s Biggest FEMALE Chat Addict (Happy, Jophiel?)

“Only two things that’ll soothe my soul - cold beer and remote control.”

Woohoo! Got mine this afternoon, from Trieste. Chief says it’s the “love nest of of Maximillian & Charlotte before they took over the Mexican crown.” Yes, Chief, that is quite apropos, as you said.

I’m so excited! I’m going to take my card to work tomorrow & brag to all my friends! Woohoo! Thanks Chief! Now just tell me where & when to send you a postcard from beautiful downtown Flint! And I’ll send you a tape of my husband’s band, too. :slight_smile:

This space blank, until Wally thinks up something cool to put here.

I’ll sob along with the rest of you who didnt receive one yet.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

::::: does a huge group sob with Falcon and Sue :::::::

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Lion and I got ours today.

It has a view of S.Marco warf with a huge castle looking building in the back ground and some small gondolas in the fore ground. Beautiful.

Thank you Chief Scott

" The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference."
Elie Wiesel

Voted SDMB Biggest Flirt (Female) and Least Shy (No Mom, I have no idea why they think that)

You are all most assuredly welcome.

I’m glad they’re starting to trickle in to the States. You’ll notice most of then were send postage free.

You Canadians’ll probably have to wait another day or two. I actually had to pay postage to get yours delivered!!

Souda Bay, Greece in a week and a day!! Ouzo here I come!!

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

Hey, Chief! I received mine yesterday. Thank you, my friend. Acro di Riccardo, yes, Ricky would have loved this arch, in fact, he probably did. You know how those hot-blooded Italians are.

Gnocchi al quattro fromage, indeed. I think I’m off for some tortelloni con pollo afumicato this evening. I love Italian food.

Thanks again, ChiefScott and enjoy Greece. Have a spinach pie, some baklava and retsina for me. Okay, skip the retsina. Red wine made from pine resin just isn’t too good.

Wooohooooo I got my postcard today Chiefy!!! The United Italy Square in Trieste looks quite enchanting. I feel most honoured. Thank you!

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

Bluesman mailed me and told me he got his, Chief, and very much appreciated it was. “A great mail day” is how he put it.

He says it’d be great to meet you in Bahrain for a beer!

Hey, I’m ON! No more telling Lucretia “Hey, tell 'em this for me”, or trying to read from a foot too far away from the screen, while she’s scrolling like an ancient Roman on meth: “STOP! Go back, I didn’t read it all yet!”
Yeah, Chief, you get my very first reply. I wanted to thank you for the postcard. It was really great. Some of the guys in my office were wondering why my wife was talking to sailors when I wasn’t around, though.
Fair winds and following seas, Chief, and write again.

Finally got mine too!!! (yay!) Thanks Chief!

Winner, SDMB’s Biggest FEMALE Chat Addict (Happy, Jophiel?)

“Only two things that’ll soothe my soul - cold beer and remote control.”

yahoo! after completely not expecting to, i got one!! thanks chiefscott, you made my day!! :slight_smile:

if wishes were fishes, we could walk on the ocean.