I got something for nothing!

I walked into the lounge in my dorm today, and found that somebody had left a Panasonic portable CD player with the note, “Broken – does anybody want the parts?” Well, I have one just like it at home, but the anti-shock doesn’t work (that is, it skips constantly). Figuring that I could piece together one working unit with the two of them, I took it.

Well, what do you know, I put fresh batts in this one, and it works fine. I’m listening to it right now. Somebody would feel like an idiot if they knew they gave away a perfectly good CD player. I love free stuff :smiley:

-Andrew L

I love “shopping” at the recycling center. 1/2" Black&Decker drill one week, John Deere string trimmer the next. Just a little TLC and they were just as good as new.

Booker-

Yeah, I know what you mean. I’ve got all kinds of stuff that I found in people’s trash. I live in Morristown NJ, which is next door to Harding Township, which is one of the wealthiest towns in the state. Twice a year they have a “big trash” day, and all kinds of useful stuff gets thrown out. So I drive my station wagon over there and load up. Once I got a nearly new, perfectly working Magnavox VCR. I guess someone switched to DVDs and just tossed it.

-Andrew L

Hey, look. Susan forgot her favorite CD player in the lounge. Let’s put this note on it saying that it’s broken and watch the hilarity ensue!