I Hate Onions!

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you!

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY mentioned the vile vegetable in the recent “Worlds Worst Foods” thread. What’s wrong with you people?!?

I read with amusement your various likes, dislikes and preferences, but I guarantee there is nothing as evil as an onion; Evil, disgusting, nasty, unfit to even be cataloged as food.

To those of you how actually eat onions: What is wrong with your tongues and mouths that you can not only smell but actually taste one of these things without immediately retching? There’s something wrong with each and every one of you! Given the choice of a big ol’ raw onion or a steaming plate of dog excrement, I’ll take the pet poop any day.

I’m serious here! Onions are so overwhelmingly NASTY I fail to understand how anyone can tolerate them let alone *enjoy</> them.

Make no mistake, I’m by no means a picky eater. I’ll eat anything, and I mean anything, just so long as it has nothing to do with onions. Liver? LOVE it! Lima beans? Bring 'em on! Raw oysters? Wouldn’t have them any other way. But onions? Might as well take it away because I’m not eating it. I can’t! Couldn’t even get it close enough to my face to choke it down.

“Oh, they’ll cook down… you won’t even taste them” - Yes I can, and if you believe they’re that tasteless (which they’
re not) then why use them in the first place?

“Every recipe I have uses onions, I wouldn’t know how to cook without them” - Easy. When you get to the part that says add two chopped onions… DON’T!

At least you kim che, persimmon and liver haters can easily avoid the foods you dislike. They’re not inserted into (thereby ruining) every other item on the menu. Onions are everywhere and I truely don’t understand why.

Who’s with me? I know you’re out there. Now speak up!

Wonderful… my premier diatribe ruined by a misplaced *.

Mmmmm. All this talk about onions is making me hungery.

Haha Mike, good one. Hey, you want to hear something really nasty? My mom used to eat raw onions, whole, the way you’d eat an apple, when she was pregnant.

While we’re on the subject, there are two words in the English language that end in -gery. Hungery and angery are two. What’s the third?

I used to, and still do, eat raw onions. Sliced, chopped, or whole. I also eat onions baked, boiled, or fried.

Makes me crave my favorite Greek salad: a large pile of thinly sliced sweet red onions, chopped garlic, feta cheese, Greek olives, anchovie filets, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Mmmmm, feta cheese, oggghghghh…

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

FUNYUNS: The perfect snack food.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away,an onion a day keeps everybody away.
My favorite lunch is a double meat cheese burger with bacon,mayo and onions only,with two large side orders of onion rings.
Talk about good eating!

Peace
t lion

Yeah, I like onions, too. My favorite onion experience was stopping for a roadside picnic out in the sticks. A farmer working in the nearby field came over and offered that we might like to try (for free) some winter onions he had growing over a ways. He suggested that we wash them off at the nearby spigot (because he was spraying poison) but I didn’t bother. I’m not sure whether the zing to those onions was all natural or the poison added a bit extra. Yum!
Out of curiosity, dwtno, do you also dislike radishes and hot peppers – other things with bite – or is it just the flavor of onions? I guess I should be happy that that things I dislike (and there are plenty) are not such common ingredients in dishes.

Mmmmm…onions. Glad you don’t like em, that leaves more for me!

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

I’ve always hated onions,and peppers too! I lived with a guy who put onions in Everything,including salads! Yuk. I love onion rings in a can though!

I don’t much care for raw onions. They’re a little too strong for me, except for Vidalias. Those are good raw. Cooked onions, on the other hand, are most excellent.

dwtno,

Sounds like you would be the perfect dinner guest at my house. There is no shortage of either onions or pet excrement, so I know you will not go away hungry, although you might be a bit angry. Hey, Mike, I got 2 out of 3 in the same sentence!

Reality is for people who can’t handle drugs.

-Tom Waits

I love onions. In the spring I love to walk through the woods pulling leeks, (a member of the onion family) wiping off the dirt, and eating them one right after another.

Onions, onions, yeah, yeah, yeah. Mmm, I love onions.

This space for rent.

Yummy - yeah, count me in as an onion lover - onions and green peppers; they’re my favorite pizza toppings too (along with mushrooms & pepperoni)

Onions are great. I don’t even mind the onion-breath, it’s a clean, honest kind of stink, not like the filthy stink of unbrushed teeth. I put onions in and on everything. One of my favorite things is this kind of onion tart they have here in Germany, they sautee the onions until they are brown and sweet and then bake them, mmm…that’s eating.

When I was real young I had a friend that thought it was “cool” to eat onions after they were doused with vinegar; of course, this soon became “cool” to me as well. I don’t douse my onions anymore, but I still love them.

Yuck. Ew. Ick. Gross. Nasty. Disgusting. Bleagh. Vomit. Ptooey. Ugh.

Onions suck.

“Excrement. That is what I think of J. Evans Pritchard, PhD.” --Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss