I joined SDMB today

Ok, looks like we’ve got the party supplies in order. Now then, let’s get this shindig under way…

parthenokinesis, you are hereby welcomed to the SDMB!

:: slaps on the manacles ::

Now, just try to relax, and don’t worry…this won’t hurt me a bit.

Yes, do go there…I’ve found your name to be unbelievably anagramable.

Welcome!

hands over a shower cap, snaps on a pair of surgical gloves

You’re really trying, aren’t you? :smiley:

Feydeau
All-Male Spelling Nazi

Welcome, parthenokinesis and Longgrain!

We hope you will enjoy your stay.

There is a modest buffet laid on in one of the rooms down the hall. Go through the door marked ‘Initiation Room Five’. Don’t worry about any of the noises through the other doors–Hal Briston lets us borrow the rooms from time to time, and he says its all harmless anyways.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go check on the squid. We got a brand-new tank and a brand-new squid last week, and they’re still getting acquainted.

Hmmmm…accounting is gonna get hell tomorrow.

Better make that a 12-pack.

THERE IS NO SQUID!! That was, uh, the wind!

o/ They call the Squid Mariah... o/

Oh, and, let’s see…parthenokinesis…“the movement of virgins”?

The first rule of Squid Club is you do not talk about Squid Club!

Now: welcome to the Tea and Poetry Appreciation Society. May I have your pants? Then-kew. Walk this way, please. And mind the first step. It’s a lulu.

That can be cured, can’t it?

Actually, I’m kinda thinkin’ it involves movement across borders for impure purposes, myself…

Not the movement, the… other part.

:: blush ::

[sub]I suppose that’s one way to refer to the initiation–er, I mean, “welcoming banquet”[/sub]

Just an aside… I think the new squid wants to be called ‘Steve’.

Good. Good.

You get out of it what you put in. GIGO is “garbage in, garbage out,” but it also means, "Genius in, genius out."

If you allow yourself to get really angry, you will meet people who just love to make you angry, as well as people who get offended when you get really angry. Either way, you are feeding somebody else’s problem. That’s bad symbiosis, friend.

Read the stickies in each forum. Stuff that’s routine in some forums will get you slapped around in others. Bon Voyage.

Actually, I was thinking “virgin motion” the first time one makes a certain motion, like babies first steps, or the moment when your swing clicks, be it golf club, baseball bat, tennis raquet, etc.

thanks again for the welcome wagon, you guys are awesome.

Cicero, running like the wind, trips over his OWN Oil of Ulan!

<waggles eyebrows>

The wind? The wind, that sprays an all-concealing cloud of ink? That wind? :dubious:

Steve only sprays ink when you upset him!

Now, now, dear it’s going to be all right.

Oh! Goody goody! We’re gonna have a GREAT initiation because I love to watch huge, swinging…

oh. c l i c k s.

I mis-read it.

Never mind.

Will have to wait to see Steve spray.

A shot of Steve in action.