I just don't understand why...

I have never understood George Carlin.

I know the point of this thread is not to provide answers, but…got kids?

I just don’t understand why so many people put off their Christmas shopping until the last minute…thereby creating a huge inconvenience for me when I’m doing **my ** Christmas shopping.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I just don’t understand why so many rich and beautiful people, who have it all, are such assholes.

I don’t understand people who feel a need to comment about my daily habits. Yes, I read a lot. Yes, stay up late, and sleep late. Yes, I eat things you only eat in the morning at night, and things you only eat in the evening in the morning. No, I don’t own a tie. No, I don’t want to be on television.

No, I don’t want to be like you. It’s not that I think ill of you. I just don’t want to be you. I like me. I get along well with me.

Tris

I just don’t understand why people who are driving don’t use their blinkers. Alright, I can see people who have broken blinkers. But the 2006 Escalade in front of me isn’t. And their hand is right by their blinker while they’re driving, so…why?

I also don’t understand why people who don’t smoke have to come up to me and comment about it, especially when I made an effort to stand far away from them so none of my smoke would blow into their face.

~Tasha

I just don’t understand why “Joe” wants to play a melee ranger build, (instead of a ranged build) which can dish out a lot of damage, but can’t take a beating very well instead of playing a warrior which can dish out nearly as much damage, AND can take a beating, due to better armor etc. :confused: :confused: :eek: :confused: :frowning: :confused: :confused: :confused: head asplodes :frowning:

I don’t understand why my neighbors must speak to each other at a volume loud enough to be heard a block or two away. They’re not fighting, not even particularly worked up. They just speaking in what to them is a normal tone. As a result, we know WAY more about their personal lives than we ever wanted to know. Also as a result, we can only go outside and enjoy our backyard when they’re not home, unless we want to be the unwilling audience to another yammer-fest.

I also don’t understand why they run their air conditioner with their windows open. Wait a minute, I do too understand: they’re a bunch of dumbshits.

Paris Hilton, is that you??
:smiley:

I don’t understand why people have to be talking ALL THE TIME ! Give it a rest , your’e making me want to beat you .

I don’t understand that, either. I have this picture in my head of people renting the dvds and just sitting there, working on them with some steel wool while they watch the other movie they rented.

I also don’t understand why people don’t think rules and signs apply to them. It says “No Parking.” What do they do? They park there. The sign doesn’t say, “No Parking - unless you’re just running in to pick up a few things.”
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: <—this, by the way, should have been the title of this thread :smiley:

(Not to be a downer but…)

I just don’t understand why things in the Middle East have to be the way they are. Breaks my heart.

I don’t understand why people go out of their way to piss off strangers. Or why they’re suprised when I hit them in the face.

I don’t understand why I have students paying thousands of dollars to attend classes at the university I teach at, but who don’t want to do the work required to pass those classes.

I understand even less why students won’t contact me when they have problems completing the assignments.

Add to that that they tend to blame me when they fail the class.

I don’t understand why, when my husband says he is doing the dishes, he is on the couch and the sink is full of gross water and greasy dishes. :confused:

I don’t understand why I’m not hungry, but the craving to eat (specifically a toasted cheese, ham and tomato sandwich) is so strong that I feel like I’m going to have a fit if I can’t have something.

I don’t understand why people are happy to spend money to feed birds but throw a fit when the squirrels are smarter than the birds. It’s not like the squirrels know what the food is intended for… I put the food on the railing - birds get some, the squirrels get some, and we’re all happy.

When driving, I don’t understand why people continually pass me and then turn right at the next light; like 2 minutes later.

I don’t understand why people listen to the radio for music. Don’t you all have your own CDs that are commercial free?

I just don’t understand why people fear death.

I just don’t understand why people give unsolicited advice to strangers.

I just don’t understand why people don’t show more consideration for others.

I just don’t understand why my husband is so dead set against us getting a dog, when he knows how much I want one, he’s not allergic or an animal-hater, and we can easily afford it.