I just don't understand why...

I don’t understand how people can be so unaware or unconcerned with their surroundings, and the fact that their actions inconvenience others. Thinking about people just stopping to chat in the middle of a crowded sidewalk, without stepping to the side or even looking about to see whether they are blocking folk. And if anyone says anything, they act all put out. That kinda thing.

I guess I’m too damn nice!

I don’t understand why a library patron will pitch a fit after I tell him that he can’t do something in the hopes that I will change my mind faced with his immaturity.

I also don’t understand why he has the nerve to look surprised after I kick him out of the library and threaten to call security if he can’t find his way to the door all by his lonesome.

Seriously! Does this shit work on other people?

I don’t understand why some people need to be occupied by an electronic device every minute. Cell phones, Blackberries, those infernal walkie talkies, hand held video games, ipods, even the television monitors in the elevators. Why are these people so afraid to be alone with their thoughts for ten minutes?

I don’t understand why Boston suddenly has a monsoon season.

I don’t understand why Calgary has developed a monsoon season, either. We’re an arid area, dammit. We’re not supposed to get rain for a month!