I just found out my wife thinks Severus Snape is hot

Alan Rickman? Yowza!

Alan Rickman- partially responsible for making Snape my favorite character. I don’t think I would have stuck with the series after TOOTP- it was the Half Blood Prince that hooked me again.

SNAPE! with Alan Rickman’s voice! WIN/WIN!

Yeah, I think, in both cases, the actors are more attractive / charismatic than the characters were, as written. (I know that there’s a ton of fan-fic out there in which the authors try to redeem Draco, which Rowling finds amusing, if mistaken: “no, really, he is a bad kid!”)

That’s because of a certain… writing/interpretation disconnect that, well, cough.

I thought originally that they were trying to make him look like Geoffrey Rush. Which was weird, because I was pretty sure they could’ve gotten Rush for the same money…

EWWWW. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Alan Rickman in any movie that I thought he was hot. He was hilarious in Galaxy Quest, but not hot. I would not touch that greasy head of Snapehair with a ten foot pole. Ick.

Alan Rickman himself is gay, isn’t he?

If you approach the incident with a Google query of “Snape + astral plain” the first result is a pretty good summary of the insane situation.

Not that I think liking Alan Rickman as Snape is insane: it’s the marriages on the astral plain I find freakish. Most of my Harry Potter fannish friends adore Snape in canon and fanon both, so it’s a normal situation for me, but Snape always creeped me out. Snape the character is not an attractive man physically or emotionally, even if you amplify his redeemable features. But I can more than understand the Alan Rickman attraction.

Quartz, IMDB and Wikipedia say that Alan Rickman has been with his Rima Horton since 1965.

My wife (and I’m guessing yours too!) has the hots for Magnus from Lazy Town.

Honestly, can I blame her?

(Will somebody smarter than me put a link in here? I can’t even bring myself to look for him even if I knew how to post one!)

Setting aside the issue of Rickman the movie star, Snape the character is ultimately (and by a long way) the most courageous, heroic, and tragic figure in the whole Potterverse. He puts himself in tremendous danger, over a long period of time through which he has to maintain an iron self-discipline, and ultimately gives his life for the cause of good, and all for the memory of his love of a long-dead woman who, while she was alive, not only did not return his love, but gave her love to a man whom he had good reason to hate. I can see why women might find that hot.

It certainly doesn’t detract from things.
That voice though.

Ewwwww! That nasty little twat? Really?

Well, of COURSE! But that’s easily fixed–one session in the shower with the 2 of us* and there you go… :wink:

*that would be Snape and me, not you, me and Snape. :stuck_out_tongue:

Got it in one–what’s not to fawn over? Add Alan Rickman to that and instant lust–a powerful potion… :smiley:

I think you’re thinking of Alan Cummings (Butthead- “Heh heh, you said 'cu…”).
And AC, I’m pretty sure, runs the gamut and back.

It’s the haughty-Aryan-masking-a-wounded-child thing.

Hell, even I feel kinda bad for the little f**ker even while I wish that Harry, Ron or especially Hermoine would give him a good kick in the nads.

I’m glad we got that settled.

:slight_smile:

Really.

Sometimes his fangirls think it’s not his fault (it’s his father’s, his mother’s, Voldemort’s…), some of them think he, and other Slytherins, are right (yes, whole racial purity thing and all), etc. Some acknowledge he’s a vile little toad, but think he can be redeemed by The Power of Luuuuuv.

I am not and never was a Snape fangirl. He’s a nasty creep. I don’t like Draco either.

Alan Rickman, though, is mad sexy.

No, eleanor,* I *want to wash his hair! Let me! grabs shampoo bottle