I just found out my wife thinks Severus Snape is hot

Better hurry. :slight_smile:

Well, I have not yet read the last book because I was waiting for it to come out in paperback, which it just did. Thanks for not putting that in a spoiler box.

sigh

I get the impression that this is far closer to the norm than people who really like Snape for Snape. Yes, there are -some- of the latter, because there are crazies out there who think <insert literary character here> is the Hottest Thing Ever, even if it’s Frankenstein’s Monster, but Alan Rickman has a large and swoon-filled following. :wink:

He’s also pretty darn enteraining, so it’s hard to be annoyed. :wink:

Sportacus? I don’t know - the mustache is kind of a turnoff.

Yeah, I don’t remember Snape being an especially beloved character until the first movie. I knew Harry Potter fans in college prior to the release of the first movie (a big group of us went to see it on opening night), but I am fairly certain no one ever mentioned having a thing for Snape until the role was associated with Alan Rickman. Some people liked the Snape character before then because they thought he was interesting (whose side was he really on, Dumbledore’s or Voldemort’s?) or they enjoyed his sarcasm, but they didn’t think he was sexy.

Just throwing my hat into the Severus Snape as played by Alan Rickman is sexy. The character in the book is not sexy but I think he is more sympathetic than even Rowling intended as mentioned in a spoilery post earlier.

Alan Rickman was the only good thing about that Robin Hood movie, I keep rooting for him to win every time I see it. Yes, he was evil, ruthless and a total jerk but he was damn sexy doing it.

Saw the movie on Saturday and all I could think to myself was “Alan Rickman is steaming hot”. I think other stuff happened in the film, am I right? Someboday dies? Can’t remember, really. Makes me want to write really bad BD/SM fanfic, though.

Just kidding about the plot memory-lapse, but when he’s standing in his study in that long, perfectly pressed, immaculate coat and that cold, domineering sneer… ahh.

I just have to post to represent the apparent 2% of the female population who doesn’t find Alan Rickman sexy. He does have a lovely voice, but the rest of him doesn’t appeal to me.

I don’t go for bad boys. Exhibit A: my balding, glasses wearing, adorable, total nice guy, boy next door of a husband. :wink:

oh and Snape isn’t appealing as a character either. I’ve read all seven books. He’s still one of the bad guys to me.

The last book came out two years ago. I think there’s a statute of limitations with spoiler boxes.

Plus, it’s not like “waiting for the paperback” is a normal reason not to read a book. For two years. When there’s a million copies in the library. And a million Potter fanboys/girls willing to lend a copy.

You might as well demand that everyone in the Star Wars thread not say how the last movie ended because you’re waiting for George Lucas to release a non-shitty version.

Snape has a certain dark appeal, agreed, but I preferred Lucius Malfoy in the first few movies. What a sneer. shiver Haven’t seen any of the later ones to see how he holds up.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Luscious … I mean Lucius? Snape’s hair you want to shampoo, Lucius’ hair you want to brush, maybe braid a little.

I’m a straight guy, and it still wasn’t any great surprise to me that women find Alan Rickman hot. And even without finding him hot myself, I can certainly acknowledge that he’s a damn fine actor (I sill think he got snubbed on the Best Supporting Oscar the year the first movie came out).

After Pete Abrahms repeatedly made that joke in Sluggy Freelance, every time my wife and I watch one of the HP movies that feature Lucius, when he shows up on screen, one of us has to lean over to the other and whisper, “Luscious Malfoy.” :smiley:

If you were Miss Dashwood instead of Miss Woodhouse, you would eventually come to appreciate him. :wink:

i saw him first in die hard but was very busy looking at mr. gudinov.

i did find one scene in the half-blood prince very much the same as one in die hard, mr rickman was involved in both, but in very different ways.

lucius malfoy does have the best hair.

and there is a rather good fanfic where draco is changed a bit by the power of luuuurve.

Something for the fans of Snape.

Not a Rickroll.

Oh, most definitely. He’s intense. He’s a thinker. I love his eyes, his voice, how he swoops out of a room with that most awesome cloak billowing behind him. He’s just…misunderstood. :slight_smile:

Alan Rickman is hot in anything (well, except Galaxy Quest. That jumpsuit did nothing for me) but as movie Snape (no greasy hair) he’s yummy.

I’d do him in a micro-second. I’d jump him before even a naked Daniel Radcliffe. Even Mr. Salinqmind understands my dark lust and told me to go right ahead. :smiley: Leg-humping ‘nice guys who can’t get any’ probably don’t understand the appeal of a Severus Snape to manymanymany women. I imagine doing the deed would be a cold, brisk, painful, yet oddly vulnerable, humbling, and addictive Gothic experience…

Reading in Wikipedia - I found it interesting that Alan Rickman was J.K. Rowling’s first choice for Snape. It also says she met with Alan Rickman before she finished the Harry Potter series to discuss with him how the character of Snape should finally turn out :eek: I think if true that is awesome!

And Alan Rickman is definitely not gay! Seriously.

He’s about 20 years older than Snape should be but Rickman is terrific.

I’m not a huge fangirl but I do enjoy Snapecast, which veers between serious discussion, humor, and skits featuring one of the members who is also an actor and does an excellent Rickman.

I didn’t think Alan Rickman was hot until I saw the In Demand music video by Texas. Since then, yeah, he gets me wet. Especially as Snape.