I need some Aragorn lines.

I have a new co-worker who sounds exactly like Aragorn. He doesn’t look anything like him though.

I want to trick him into saying lines from the movie. However, they’re usually a little too noble to work into everybday conversation though, like “We shall not abandon Pippin and Merry to misery and torment.” Anybody got any ideas?

I assume you mean Viggo Mortensen.
In that case, you can use the film, as well as the book:

Aragorn to Frodo in Bree…

“Are you frightened?”
(Frodo) Yes.
" Not nearly frightened enough. I know what hunts you."

Aragorn to Frodo at the Council of Elrond…

“If by my life or death I can protect you, I will.”

Aragorn to Legolas and Gimli after orcs kidnap Merry & Pippin…

“We will make such a chase as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds: Elves, Dwarves, and Men. Forth the Three Hunters!”

Aragorn to the oath-breakers at the Stone of Erech…

“The hour is come at last. Now I go to Pelargir upon Anduin, and ye shall
come after me. And when all this land is clean of the servants of Sauron,
I will hold the oath fulfilled, and ye shall have peace and depart for ever.
For I am Elessar, Isildur’s heir of Gondor.”

Viggo himself…

“One time, a cop stopped me in Wellington, because I was walking out of my apartment building with the sword, and I got in the car with it. I guess it would be an alarming sight to anyone at 5:00 am seeing me walking around with a sword. But, once I told the cop what it was for, he let me go. But, I did keep the sword with me all the time. I just felt that it was part of the job description.”

I think you might have better luck with ‘The Princess Bride’. Or not…
As you wish.

How about something simple??

“The road is too dangerous”

Not to play junior mod, but this thread is probably better suited for Cafe Society
That said, you could always get him to toss apples at other co-workers and bop them on the head around lunchtime. :smiley:

Or stab people.

Perhaps you could remedy that by getting him to go without washing his hair or shaving for a couple days?

“There may come a day when the hope of men may fail, but it is not this day!” (or something like that)

“My friends! . . . You bow to no one.”

:: swoon ::

Trust me, that wouldn’t do it. Prominent eyeglasses for one thing.

Every time I overhear him talking to somebody else, I think they’re planning the invasion of Mordor.

I think I might be able to get him to say “The road is too dangerous” somehow.

Why not just mention to him at break, “Dude, your voice…it is *exactly *like Aragorn’s in Lord of the Rings. Would you do me a favor and record my phone message? Here, say this: ‘Leave a message after the beep. Leave such a message as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds: Elves, Dwarves, and Men!’”

Brilliant Idea, Uvula Donor. Now the challenge will be to get him to do it without laughing.

Not quite in the scope of the OP, but my favotire “Aragorn quote” is about him, not by him.

“If you were of the enemy, you would look fairer but feel fouler.”

do the phone message thing and then…audio link!
I wouldn’t be able to get any work done, if a co-worker sounded like Viggo. Thank God he doesn’t resemble him! :wink:

In casual conversation say the word “ayou” as a significant noun as in “The doctor says I have to reduce my intake of AYOU.”

Ignore his requests for clarification until he gets mad and then, in an angry voice asks: “What’s AYOU?”

Ride out with me.

“Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn’ Ambar-metta!”

(“Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.”)

QtM

PS. I have been known to say this, even before the movie came out.

I was gonna suggest “Onen i-Estel Edain, u-chebin estel anim.”, but Aragorn only said the last part. “Et Earello…” sounds better anyway.

And before the scriptwriters got their hands on it, only Gilraen, Aragorn’s mother, said any of it.

When the configuration of unshavenness and hair length is correct, my husband looks disturbingly like Viggo playing Aragorn. This is a running joke between a friend of mine and I since we are both pervy Elf fanciers. I landed the wrong member of the fellowship! He doesn’t sound at all like Aragorn though. We need to somehow meld your co-worker and my husband into one unholy Aragorn-beast.

OK, we’re taking him to lunch tomorrow, and I’ll hit him up to do the Three Kindred message then. Then I gotta figure out how to link my phone message to the internets. Then you can get your hubby to lip synch the words and video him. Hoo boy, won’t this be whack!

Memorable Quotes