I Pit damuriajashi and DemonTree

I appreciate everyone who is ripping apart the ridiculous article that DT posted in my CRT thread. I’ll hold my breath until she comes in and retracts that piece of crap.

Dear Karentree, nobody cares about your white ass grievances.

“Than make any kind of concession towards them…” Like what? ‘OK, we’ll let you lynch half of them in exchange for…’
What’s next? Are ‘’‘progressives’’’ expected to compromise with neo-Nazis too?

tHeRe WeRe VeRy FiNe PeOpLe On BoTh SiDeS

There ya go.

@DemonTree clearly doesn’t understand liberal ideology. Racists shouldn’t be shunned or left to starve on the street. They should be given the basic care that everyone else gets - access to food, shelter, clothing, medical care, education, etc. These are all things that I believe are basic human rights that everyone deserves, even the most virulent racists.

But having a twitter account isn’t one of the basic human rights?

That’s not as crazy a question as it might first appear. I do think that we have more serious issues to deal with first, but once people aren’t starving or homeless in this country, we SHOULD focus on giving everyone internet access. A human with an internet enabled smartphone is, in terms of capability to influence the world around them, an entirely separate species than a human without a smartphone. Expecting a human with no internet access to compete in our society against a human with a 4g smart phone is like expecting a sprinter to outrun someone with cybernetic legs.

But that’s internet access in general. What about the right to post on one specific social media platform? How is a business that can’t advertise on Facebook going to compete with one that can?

At the same time, Twitter is a private company and they have the right to choose who to work with. If they think that not banning Trump will hurt their bottom line, they’ll ban him. And misinformation is such a huge problem that we need to get a handle on it, and preventing the social media sites from banning problem users would hamstring them in this fight.

All in all, I don’t think we need to ensure everyone has social media access at this time. But our society could conceivably move along lines that make it harder and harder to exist without a social media presence. The smart thing to do would be to avoid ever becoming that reliant on social media, but we don’t always take the smartest route. If the role of social media in society grows even more than it already has, we might get to a point where we need to ensure everyone has access to social media.

Just SMFH at the fucking unmitigated gall on display here:

Not the first time she’s tried cloaking herself in minoriy-hood, either.

She’s a troll.

Obvious troll is increasingly obvious.

I don’t think she’s a troll, exactly, but I do think she’s a small-minded dingus who sweats through her shirt from the effort of forcibly suppressing her desire to blow the trumpet of her pet prejudices.

:rofl:

The repeated deliberate misrepresentation of what other posters have said, characterization of openly offensive views as differences of opinion and claiming minority status after a long posting history of… differing opinions… suggests that the “golly gosh, I’ve just trying to have a frank exchange of views” approach owes more to sealioning than efforts to debate in good faith.

:rofl:

That’s presumably the “best comparison” if one wants to avoid better ones.

And not at all unpopular in these quarters.

Still waiting for DS to clarify what she meant by posting this bizarre anti-Semitic trope.

Couldn’t find one of DemonTree’s posts in that thread. You may have confused her for Dark_Sponge, who isn’t a subject of this Pitting.

OMG, you’re right! Sorry, DemonTree!