A sudden and inexplicable need to get stoned, perhaps?
And the two ls in line 6 (or are they Is?) form parallel lines - which, famously, never meet.
From my thread about Amazon interface changes —
Because of this:
Where you so casually denied my experience and, by implication, belittled my understanding.
Oh, of course, you didn’t mean me personally, it was just the generic “you.” You may have just meant to offer up your own experience – but if that was the case, you could have said “I am able to do this thing, and here is how I do it,” as nearly everyone else did. What is most likely to me is that you (personally) never stop to think about how your choice of words is likely to read to other posters.
Unless you find some of ther posts of useful quality, just ignore them.
Yeah, he was really an ass in that thread.
Thanks for the thread, by the way. That was really useful info.
Jesus Fucking Christ dude, I think we understand your position on ICE at this point!
Find a new talking point, ffs, before we all poke our eyes out.
But I wonder… would he have us cut ICE’s budget, and if so to what? It’s hard to discern his particular position and I’d really like some clarification from him on the subject.
He may be repetitive but then again so are all the posters who say over and again there is nothing that can be done that would fix things, just blow the whole thing up, without acknowledging that most of what is Trump bad would be reversed by those actions. He’s not wrong.
Ahhh, they’re 2020’s-style “Deth layoffs”.
So go pit them if you want.
Debatable, but wrongness is not the point I was making.
Also, wrongness is not the point I was making.
And you might be right, but wrongness is not the point I was making.
I hope you understand now that wrongness is not the point I was making.
Why are you trying to make a point about wrongness?
I happen to think he’s right about it not being about wrongness, and even if he were wrong about what it’s about it would be right to talk about things other than wrongness. And it’s not right to say he’s wrong for doing so.
Nah. Creating a Pit thread is, for me, for egregious things, not the mildly annoying. Even the “What were you thinking?” one needs more than just dumb in my mind. (But should be for a usually fine poster, not a troll or consistent idiot.) OTOH responding to and participating in Pit threads in progress is a low effort bar.
He complained about them in the Pit; that’s what you responded to. Doesn’t that literally mean he already did?
It’s not like there is a formal application you have to fill and submit for approval prior to something being a Pitting.
Sigh. My point, perhaps poorly phrased, was that he was weirdly white-knighting our good Doctor by saying “everyone else is doing it, too!” (paraphrased) Which is both not really true and also irrelevant to my post here.
That is fair and seems accurate to say.
I haven’t found anyone close to as prolifically repetitive as him. He has these beliefs (Biden just had a cold, Buttigieg is too inexperienced etc..) and insists on telling everyone them over and over anytime those people are tangentially related to a thread. And it ends up derailing discussions because a lot of these beliefs are wildly off base (Biden not actually very popular) so people try to correct him instead of talking about what the thread is actually about.
Gawd I fucking hate that phrase.
This isn’t “what aboutism” either. It’s a mild complaint about such a mild complaint. Yes threads like that often get into posters just repeatedly doing a series of contradictions. “It is impossible to fix.” “X would fix it.” “It is impossible to fix.” “X would fix it.” Rinse repeat rinse repeat. And I did it some in that thread too. Poor self control on my part. Trying to not repeat myself too.
It is such a common thing that it seems … trite … to Pit over. Especially in comparison to the bulk of the complaints in this thread. But whatever.
Tough nuggies.
After the 9th or 10th time reading DrDeth post the same damn thing with almost the same damn words, I found myself getting really annoyed, and rather than pointing it out in thread, derailing that discussion (for whatever it is worth), and probably getting a warning for a personal attack, I did what we’re supposed to do and took it here. Sorry that bothers you.
Not really sorry, of course, since you’re completely in the wrong here ![]()
Noogies.
![]()