I Pit Martin Hyde

This thread is fucking ridiculous.

Wait for it, “toxic wokeness.” Coming to a Fox News segment near you

Certianly an affront to the great Slight Slappers.

crank this shit.

Appranty the answer to that question is zero, as he was screaming profanities and flailing his arms with bulging eyeballs before anyone did so.

Why, and when did the thread title get changed???

New rule:

I’ve got absolutely no problem with the title change, or the rule itself.

I don’t either, but I’m not sure ‘Sheep Slapper’ is really an insult - especially since it’s a reference to his own words describing himself.

Yeah me either. We all know what it means to be pitted. It’s okay if the insults are reserved for the posts.

This thread has gotten too meta for me, but I think that @Martin_Hyde has been very reasonable in all the threads I’ve seen him in recently. He was very helpful in a recent thread about Israel and the Jerusalem, and in another thread that I can’t recall.

I thought he was more of a right winger than he seems to be lately – maybe the recent insanity of the Republican Party was too much for him. Or, maybe he’s crazier on other topics. But, for the past few weeks, I’ve appreciated his contributions.

I think his past history or something has people ready to pull the trigger on him. In the Voting Compromise thread, I basically did that, but now I understand what he was getting at. Anyway, those are my two cents.

I actually find him useful in some threads as well.

But he also has a temper, assumes the worst of other posters, and seems looking for a fight, rather than a discussion.

He has made no secret that he hates most of the people on this board, and he has made no effort in hiding that contempt in his posting either.

He may be smart, but he is also very hateful and odious.

What, like this one?

Note that was immediately after MrDibble called me a Nazi. Insults beget insults, if you don’t like it cry to your momma.

Liar. I did no such thing.

Why would you lie about something so trivially easy to disprove?

I already insulted you right back, toothless yokel. I wasn’t linking that to RitterSport for sympathy, you simpleton.

This is a lesson that you could stand to learn.

For instance, I did not insult you at all in that thread until you went all foaming mouth and laid into me for not understanding why you would respond to another poster’s comments while addressing me.

Then you act all upset that I return insults in kind.

Hateful and hypocritical.

You have to understand that he did not DENY that indigenous North Americans suffered cultural genocide. He merely thinks that we need to finish the job and show them the “right “ way to live their lives.

And if you disagree, you are a Nazi.

What a fuckwit.

What’s funny is that MrDibble can be like that too. He has jumped down my throat a couple of times for sure when I wasn’t saying anything inflammatory. But I also really like his contributions here on the board and he’s a net asset for sure in my eye.

I don’t know Martin_Hyde that well so I can’t comment on him in general, though some quotes made here and elsewhere show that…

…is not wrong. :frowning:

The difference is one poster is carrying water for immorality and one is not. Right and wrong matter.

Of course they do. I was just commenting on general posting style (in response to a post talking about the same thing) as opposed to political leanings or whatever they are advocating (either poster).

Sorry, I meant to make clear I was agreeing with you. The SDMB has high tolerance for acerbic posters who are right or at least well meaning. Not so much when they’re wrong or excusing it.

He made a lengthy post here about his changing views on the Republican party and his break from them as a still-conservative-but-never-Trumper. I thought it was fairly well said.