I Pit My Cousin's Dumbfuck Slut Mom

Hey, you stupid drunk slut. I’ve been civil, even downright nice when we cross paths because I’m not one to go out of my way to make enemies. But I’ve heard all about your escapades – your fistfights with your mother, your joyrides that result in you passed out by the side of the road, your calling the police on my uncle when he wouldn’t give you his prescription meds…

And when you lost custody of your 9-year-old son, my cousin, I felt at least a little bit sorry for you. I know your parents are fucked up–we all remember the day your mother attacked that police officer in her own driveway–and I understand how painful that can be. I was hoping you’d go down to that drug rehab center in Florida and come back with sense enough not to OD on drugs while the fucking house is burning down and your son is calling 911.

But fuck you. I can’t handle this shit anymore.

My uncle is dead, and during the week of the funeral you suddenly appear all contrite and making commitments to your son that you’re going to get clean and be a decent mother to him. So while you help your son ‘‘pick up the bedroom’’ he shared with his deceased father, you look for prescription meds you can steal and my ass gets assigned to babysit you. I have to listen to you whine about how you and my dumbfuck uncle were ‘‘true love forever’’ even though he could hardly stand your ass, had recently rejected your endless advances, and was in love with another woman at the time. How fucking lovely for her to have to listen to you prattle on about your soulmate when her fucking boyfriend had just died.

I’m fucking sick of you. You just ditched rehab–again–not one week after nearly dying from a drug overdose? Are you fucking kidding me, bitch? Your son’s father died NOT SIX MONTHS AGO from a fucking DRUG OVERDOSE and you have the fucking nerve to engage in such self-centered and blatantly reckless behavior? Do you not have any clue what you’ve ALREADY put your kid through?

Now you’re whoring yourself out for drugs and run screaming to my grandparents, who have been my cousin’s faithful guardians since my uncle’s death and who have been his de-facto parents since he was born. They tell you to come stay with them for a while, get clean, think about your son and how badly he needs you right now. And you just smile and walk away.

You fucking bitch, you don’t even deserve my cousin. He’s the brightest, sweetest, most upbeat fun-loving kid imaginable, and he’s been through more bullshit in 9 years than most people endure in a lifetime. Now at the time when he needs you most, when he is left trying to cope with the trauma of his father’s death, you’re fucking prostituting yourself for drugs.

You worthless human being.

I want to hit you until your teeth are broken and you’re spitting them out on the pavement.

“Jerry, Jerry, Jerry…”

You have my deepest sympathies in this situation.

I am so glad that your grandparents have been able to step in for your cousin. If it helps, I have a cousin who was in a similar situation in regards to his mother and his grandmother basically raised him. Despite his mothers occasional drugged up meddling, he ended up graduating from UT and is allegedly doing well. I hope that your young cousin is able to come through this and grow into a healthy adult.

Sounds like a really fucked up situation.

I can’t help but wonder, however, that it’s not so much this woman that’s at fault as it is her addiction. Not to excuse her bad behavior, of course, but addictions can cause people to do some crazy shit.

So am I right to think that this thread is about Auntie Dumfuck Slut?

My Auntie’s name was Norma.

I didn’t ask.

Olive, you have an important job to do (or someone in your family you trust to do the right thing does). Your little 9-year-old cousin needs a chance at a happy life with a family that shows him love and nurture. No clue here whether you have relatives who can take him on; whether you can do it yourself; or what the proper course to find him that family is. But you do. Make sure he gets it.

Start by ensuring he has a guardian ad litem. That’s a lawyer appointed to advocate for the kid’s rights and wishes, as opposed to anyone else’s. Get one with the balls (figuratively; sometimes the best ones are women) to fight for the best future for the kid even if CPS is treating him as cattle to be herded into the most convenient group home, the sleazebag mother is screaming for her maternal rights, etc. Make sure he’s prepared to file for termination of parental rights against her and has the evidence to win the case. Make sure the kid has loving support at every step of the way, and a chance to make his own wishes heard, where they will count. Children perceive themselves as chattels to be fought over, whose feelings are immaterial to anyone else, in situations like this. They feel that way because, unless a caring adult stands up for them, it’s legally true.

It’s all well and good to do a pit thread about the Darwin Awards Winner of the Mother of the Year Competition. But for once one of us has the ability to intervene and make a change in what he/she is pitting about. You. For that kid. Go. Now. Be the advocate he needs, or find someone who can. Let us know what happened.

Thank you, I really appreciate this, and agree with it.

I don’t live in his state anymore unfortunately, but I told him the day his Dad died that I would always be there if he needed me. He lives with my grandparents, as he has the majority of his life, and they are his legal guardians now. My grandparents have their own drama, but they are the same grandparents who basically raised me when my parents were doing their own dysfunctional thing. So I know they can do the job right–from personal experience. They absolutely love him and put his interests first. The biggest mistake they made with my Uncle before he died was enabling him–but I believe they are trying to learn a better way with my cousin. He’s such a good kid. He’s so smart. You can’t imagine. He’s like all the good parts of my uncle without any of the infuriating stuff thrown in.

I am in the process of trying to convince my grandmother to deny visitation to his other grandparents, who are nothing but trouble and cause him nothing but agony. Legally they have no right to see him. And since his grandmother assaulted a police officer in his presence, they’re unlikely to get much chance in the future to turn things around. If my grandparents have any flaw, it’s their stubborn hope that eventually everyone is going to act in my cousin’s best interest.

As for this crazy bitch (who is not my Auntie and never has been–my Auntie is the bestest person in the world), yeah, she’s got an addiction, yeah–but she’s also got a kid. She is the one who got my uncle into drugs. He had his own issues, but, again, he also had a kid. Well, two actually.

I’m just so angry about the things my cousin has gone through because of the poor decisions his parents have made.

Agreed. This all sounds like fairly common behavior for an addict.
I can understand how infuriating it is to see someone acting so reckless when a child is involved, but that is all part of the nasty disease of addiction.