I pit semen trees and all involved parties.

Please. Anything’s better than the vomit gingkos.

Yes, but our fathers probably taught us to get photo evidence. Choices, choices.

archmichael: Yes, but really, what aspect of fundementalism isn’t both scary and irrational? It’s like a great big grabbag of the worst bits of the Dark Ages.

“Dinosaur bones? Dude, God is messing with your head. Yeah he’s tying to trick you so that you wind up in Hell. Yeah, it’s true, He’s doing this out of His Infinite Love.”

lieu: “reeking of sex.”
'nuff said.

Ah, right you are, FinnAgain. I suppose the thermal element accompanying jizzufacture would tend to render it almost candlesque in it’s nasal waftability.

I’m just glad there aren’t any poonani trees. I already think about sex every three sec… Sorry, what was I saying?

Despite numerous personal encounters with the substance in question, I can’t think up what precisely it happens to smell like. I’ll have to remember to take a good sniff the next time I procure a boyfriend so that I can probably identify these jizz trees if I’m ever in CA.

lieu: Wow… I’ve never seen anybody describe ‘hot monkey sex’ while simultaneously making it sound absolutely unapealing.
I stand in awe.

archmichael: Hunh, what was that?
I was staring at your text…
anu-la1979: I am picturing the process whereby one might sit-a-while-and-sniff. I wish I was not.

On a side note, research has shown that our minds react to olfactory stimuli much the way to auditory stimuli. The same way that a few notes can bring back memories that you’d forgotten about, I’m sure that if you got a good whiff you’d find it somewhat familiar.

Box Elder
Slash Pine
Here in suburban NJ, I’ve smelled a distinctly skunk-like odor in late-summer evenings. Never figured out which kind of tree was responsible, though. (The smell occurred too regularly to be from an actual skunk, in all likelihood.)

Now that we’ve gotten that settled… what the hell does semen smell like? I’ve got heaps of it (my OWN, people) and I’ve never detected a smell…

I’m trying to ignore the idea of heaps of semen, but maybe you can’t smell it because it’s yours, meaning that you’re used to it.

Or maybe you just don’t have funky spunk.

I had no idea what this thread was going to be about. Somehow, I pictured semen trees being like phone trees, or coupon trains, or chain letters. Somehow, its a relief to open the thread and get the image of “pass along semen” out of my head.

“Funky spunk” is just a hysterical word pairing. Much fun to say.

Maybe he drinks lots of pineapple juice.

I, for one, am tired of Not Really All That Bright strutting around like his jizz don’t stink!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t even get me started on semen pyramid schemes.

And I thought pineapple juice was to improve flavor, not scent?

I was going to make a new thread about this, but I figured I’ve gone over my “inane sensory complaint thread in the Pit” limit so I’ll just say:

TheraFlu tastes like TheraAss. :frowning:

I think they’re called frat parties.

Well, scent is an, um… intimate, compontent of flavor.

But oddly enough, TheraAss tastes like chicken.

Just to clarify, there are many trees that give off a jizz-like smell when in bloom, and they are not just in CA. You can find jizz-trees in the West, the Midwest, the East, the Northeast, and the South.

What, exactly, are all the trees in question? Surprisingly, we don’t know. I’m surprised no one has done an official scientific study.

Can you imagine the wording of the grant request.

That would be a fun study to make a title for…

Cream of the Crop: Origins of Semen-like Odors in Common Flora

*Does Something Smell Spunky to You?: * (as above)

Lascivious Landscaping: (as above)

Seriously, I’ve been wandering around since yesterday trying to conjure up the smell of pungent spunk. It’s weighing heavily on my mind. Is it acrid, metallic etc. etc.?? I’m really going to have to get a move on in terms of getting my hands on a sample.

It has a very distinct smell. Sort of like a mixture of Sugar, All-Spice, and Nutmeg, with a hint of Watermelon. :wink:

LOL!

Wow, Paisley Park, you’ve certainly done your homework on the various bouquets found in semen. I bow in awe.

What kills me is that I’m going to be thinking of all of this the next time I “smell semen”. I’m going to be in big trouble if I start laughing because of this. It’s going to be ALL YOUR FAULT (everyone who’s posting here) if things go south. :smiley: