I pit uteri

While my period is regular, I can never tell if it’s going to be a ‘good’ one – with a few days of flow and no cramps – or a ‘bad’ one, with my uterus trying to claw its way out of my body. This particular time, the cramps haven’t been too bad, but it has been accompanied by a general ‘swimmy’ feeling in my head and super-sore boobs, and was preceded by diarrhea (which, due to the timing, I suspect may have been my body saying “LOL NOPE” to a delicious but greasy barbecue sandwich).

As a guy I hesitate to venture here but as commentated to Ms. Goob the occasional pain of getting wacked in the balls is nothing compared to what y’all go through regularly.

It’s a design flaw too, sensitivie bits hanging around outside unprotected. At least they are not actively conspiring to do harm. It’s a byproduct.

Here’s to wishing all the ladies a boat load of chocolate and tea.

Wow, a lot of us are around the same age. I’ll be 52 in the fall and never had problems with periods until I got my tubes tied at 30. I gradually worked my way up to road rage by 45, then went and had this wonderful surgery done that made that time of the month go away completely. I can’t remember the name of the surgery, but it was not quite a hysterectomy.

I still catch myself crying during some stupid commercial about once a month, but it’s heaven compared to what I went through. I just wonder how I’ll know when I’m going through menopause???

Has anyone ever done any research on the chocolate cravings? I can take it or leave it any other time of the month, but I’m jonesing for it for a couple of days. I swear, if I had no willpower, I would eat an entire bag of mini Hershey bars by myself, and in one sitting. Actually, I think I did once, in the 90s. And maybe once when I was pregnant.

I am the same way. Don’t really care most of the time but for those few days…All.The.Chocolate.

Yes. Chocolate becomes very valuable.

I enjoy chocolate daily. I NEED chocolate when my cycle is cycling properly.

Well, I’m postmenopausal and I also very rarely eat sugar…however since “dark chocolate is healthy” I’ve been known to eat an entire bag too. Dove Promises is no lie…that shit delivers! I’m going to continue to blame my uterus for the chocolate binges anyway, and my stupid ovaries too because I’m pretty sure they are also behind this in some way. Assholes.

Ditto. I was officially DONE last year. I didn’t have uterus problems post my mid-20s (and the pill forever), but I had the Five Day Vomiting Migraine From Hell any time I had a period.

I’m really happy to be done and to never have to wonder if I’m pregnant. I’m too old to be pregnant, ever. I was too old at 40.

Oh, and I never have to worry if I can wear my white jeans/pants/skirt on a particular day ever again.

A couple of decades ago my gynecologist informed me sadly I had uterine cancer and would have to have a hysterectomy.

In retrospect it was the best day of my life.