I remembered my SDMB password after nearly eight years

On a whim, I decided to try and log in after not having visited the boards since 08-30-2004. Amazingly, I remembered my password and I’m back in. I’m now looking around for familiar names from the time I was active (the years 2001-2004.), and invite dopers from that time period who might have an inkling who I was or am to post replies to this thread.

Hi! The internet has ruined my long term memory so it’s not shocking that I don’t remember you, but the good news is I don’t remember disliking you so that’s a bonus (the grudge-holding part of my brain is yet to be eroded).

Anyway, welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome, Eliahna.

Wow. Welcome back, old timer. Well, you’re not quite a '99er, but you’ve been around since '01.

Glad to see you back.

Good to see you and welcome back! (No, sadly I don’t remember you. Apologies. Likely no one knows who I am, either - I lurk more than I post.)

If her name doesn’t ring a bell, perhaps you remember her as Cazzle.

I joined in 2002, but don’t recall you. However, I do recognize Snickers.

I was just thinking we needed some old blood around here.

You could search for threads that you posted in back in 2004 and continue the conversations from yesteryear by waking a few of those zombies. :slight_smile:

Hello! The name doesn’t ring a bell, but that’s ok. I’ve been here a long time and I fly under the radar too! I used to be **ellykat **and then Rez.

So… whatcha been doing?

Welcome.
:slight_smile:

I take it you don’t remember me, then?

I mean…just because I didn’t join until LONG after you stopped coming here…no excuse!
*Welcome back, anyway…

-D/a

I’m surprised they left an inactive account that long. Most places purge dead accounts every now and then.

Glad you remembered your password and welcome back. :smiley:

Ah, yes. Cazzle. Yes, I remember.
It was Niagara Falls.
Slowly I turned…step by step…inch by inch…

Welcome back, goonhead! Would you like some ice cream and cookies?
Eliahna was formerly known as Cazzle? And here I thought that one of my Hopeless Doper Crushes had disappeared…

Why yes, I would like some ice cream and cookies.

Hello! Welcome back! :slight_smile: Just in case you haven’t found it yet, here’s the In Memoriam topic.

Welcome back.

Doesn’t someone need to add that umkay poster to that list?

Welcome back, goonhead, long time no see.

But why would I know? I go way back to May 2012. I feel old already. :smiley:

Thanks for passing that along, Zabali. The only name I remembered from the list is chique, sorry to hear that she has passed away. I never met her IRL but chatted with her on the Undernet channel back in the day.