I started a thread, but...

I started a thread in IMHo called people Who Need to GO AWAY! (no dopers). I did not disable the send me meail when there is a response, but I have just seen that there have been 25 responses and I have not received ONE email notification. Could you look into this for me?
Thanks.

The default setting has the Email notification turned off. You need to deliberately turn the notification on. If you didn’t do this, you can always make a new post in the thread and then set it to have the Email notification.

As far as I know, even though the option appears, the feature has been globally disabled. People frequently were surprised at the unexpected amount of e-mail they got, and since there was no way for a user to turn it off, the mods had to do it. Due to the number of people who requested this, it became a major burden for the mods, so the feature was disabled.

At different times the function has been turned on and off, mostly turned on when one of the techs has been checking a function on the board and needed the notification.

I’ve turned it on for the time being . . . . let’s see how this goes. If it’s abused, I’ll simply turn it off again. And remove the coding from the page altogether and that will be the end of it. But hopefully I won’t have to do that, whenever possible we like to be able to give our Teemsters every privilege that we can.

The default IS set to “off,” you have to indicate every time that you wish to use it. And I believe it turns off until you return to the board . . . then it resets. I think.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator